Chapter 2

Authors note: in this story, auditions were in April of '09, I don't know when they really were so this is just a guess.

Chapter 2

      It was April 2009 when Taylor Lautner first met Taylor Swift. Both of their agents had arranged for them to have auditions for the movie Valentine's Day as romantic interests. Taylor Lautner walked in the office silently rehearsing his part when he bumped into a curly headed blonde. "I'm so sorry!" He said apologetically. The blonde girl smiled, "It's alright, it was my fault anyways. I was rehearsing to myself and didn't see you there."  He smiled back, "You must be Taylor Swift, I'm a big fan." Country wasn't really his thing but he quite liked her music. "That's right, and you must be Taylor Lautner?" He nodded as she continued, "I've been looking forward to meeting you since you're auditioning for the boyfriend of the character I'm auditioning for!" He smiled in return, "Well, it's great to meet the person I hope to be spending a bit more time with."

       He shook the old memories off quickly but he couldn't forget that even now in interviews, she still laughed like that, with the genuine sparkle of kindness. The audition had been their first meeting and they had become fast friends during filming, and it wasn't that difficult to film those makeout scenes! But the realization of their mutual feelings didn't happen until the MTV Video Music Awards of '09.  

      He watched as his beautiful co-star walked up to the stage to receive the award for Best Music Video. She was about to take the mic when the rapper Kanye West grabbed it from her, ranting on and on about how Beyonce should've won the award instead. He was shocked and immediately got up and went backstage to where he knew Taylor would be. "Taylor?" He saw her sitting in a corner, eyes wet with tears. "What did I do to deserve this? What did I ever do to that man that he would ruin this for me?" He looked at her sympathetically, "I don't know, but I promise you now Taylor. I will never let this happen again! I'm here for you ok?" He said soothingly. She seemed to calm after this but he still slid down next to her. He honestly didn't know what he was doing but he leaned in and so did she. Their lips met in a magical moment that was as perfect as the fairytales. He put his arm around her after the kiss as they sat there, processing what had just happened, before kissing again.  

    What a beginning! He thought to himself, by now quite antsy in his chair. But perhaps the beginning of their relationship, a beginning that had been soaked in tragedy, simply foreshadowed the end; an end that had been full of heartbreak.