Chapter 7

Taylor couldn't even believe the name written there. Of course it's him. She thought to herself.

"Harry Styles!"

        Taylor kept the fake enthusiasm in her voice as a smirking Harry came up to collect his award. "I told you, didn't I?" He whispered in her ear as he kissed her cheek. "Just take your stupid award and leave me alone, Styles." She hissed while her mouth still stretched in a fake smile. Harry stepped up to the podium and thanked his fans before catching up to Taylor, who had started making her way backstage. "You'll never find someone like me again, Swifty." He whispered after catching up to her. "That's kind of the plan, asshole." Taylor whispered back, "Oh, and Harry?" He smirked at her expectantly, the insult flying off his shoulders. "Yes, love?" She looked dead into his green eyes, "Never call me 'Swifty' again." Taylor stalked off after making a rude gesture at Harry, whose smirk had disappeared from his usually smug face. She just wanted to leave, swear off men, and hang out with her cats. Oomf. "Watch where you're going! Damn..." She looked up at the face as she trailed off.

~~~~~~

     As soon as Harry's name was announced, Lautner got up and started toward the exit. He couldn't stand to see that arrogant Brit hugging or even talking to Taylor. He just couldn't wait to get the hell out of there! He was in the lobby when he ran smack dab into the one person he wanted to avoid.

Taylor Swift herself.

       "Taylor." He said warily. Even with the obvious misgivings he had toward her, she was melted by his once-familiar voice. He started to leave but she grabbed his sleeve. "Please don't go." Swift pleaded. "I have nothing to say to you, Taylor." His tone was flat and full of finality. "But I do, please talk with me." Swift was desperate. He sighed, "I never could say no to you. Meet me at that old cafe by the studio. I'll give you fifteen minutes, no more."