Chapter 6

"Taylor Lautner!"

      The shout of his name, and the cheers of the crowd shook him out of his reminiscing. He walked up to the stage and beamed the same smile that he had won the award for. "Thanks guys!" He was a man of few words, especially for a silly award like this. Sure, he felt appreciated for his looks, but not one of his nominations that night were for his acting. It was disappointing that his looks took precedence over his craft. He grasped the surfboard with a now much dimmer smile than before, and took his seat.

      Taylor deserved to win. He really did. He had a stunning smile that gave Taylor butterflies every time she saw him. "You're staring at him." Her best friend Selena teased from the seat next to hers. "Well, kind of hard not to when he's on the stage." Taylor sassed back. "You know, I always liked him the best out of your ex-boy toys." She bit her lip. "Well, of course you did. You dated him too!" The two giggled. "But seriously, it's been a long time. You're single, he's single, who knows what could happen?" Selena wriggled her eyebrows. Taylor felt a pang of regret; he should've been her first. "Too bad he still hates every fiber of my being, right?" She laughed hollowly. "True, but you know what they say." She looked over at the tan actor before addressing her BFF, "There is a very thin line between love and hate."

~~~~~~

      Lautner felt the pull of sleep just before the overenthusiastic host shouted over the microphone, waking him from the thralls of a quick snooze. "Please welcome my good friend, Taylor Swift, to the stage!" The host yelled. Taylor's heart quickened at the sight of the blonde-haired beauty illuminated by the lights at center stage. "What a great show!" Swift shouted into the mic, "Hey, give our host Mario Lopez some love!" The crowd roared, mostly due to the fact that Taylor Swift was telling them to do it, and not for the host himself. "Well I'm sure you are all dying to know who the Choice Hottie is, so here are the nominees." She opened the envelope and cleared her throat, "Harry Styles, Channing Tatum, Taylor Lautner, Ian Harding, and Keegan Allen." She raised her eyebrows at the crowd and drew the winner's envelope from behind her back.

      "And the winner is..."