Chapter 8

Taylor Lautner was hesitant to speak to the woman who had so fully broken his heart, but he was a man of his word, and taking a deep breath, opened the door to the small cafe. 

       In the little booth where they'd stolen many a kiss, sat Taylor Swift. The girl of his dreams, who'd been the one to shatter them all. He tried to convey as little emotion as possible in his expression as he walked over to the dingy booth and sat down gingerly. "Well? Say what you have to say. You have fifteen minutes."

       She took a deep breath, "I love you and I always have. You mean everything to me, Tay." He was honestly shocked, his mind was a complete blank. "When I saw you tonight, it brought back so many memories; how we met, our first kiss, meeting John, our breakup, John dumping me, Conor dumping me, and Harry dumping me. The whole time I was thinking about how you wouldn't have done that, and how I've made the hugest mistake of my life."

       "Tay..." Lautner tried to interrupt, he couldn't hear this anymore. It was too painful.

       "No listen to me. I tried to apologize with a song, but I've realized now that it's not enough. I have to apologize to you in person, because I'm truly sorry. Breaking up with you was the stupidest thing I've ever done. Taylor, if there is even the slightest chance you'd be able to forgive me then it would be more than I deserve. I love you, and if you still love me, I want to be with you, forever this time." She started to tear up.   After the most heartfelt and emotional words Swift had ever spoken, she was terrified of what he would say. It'd been four years since they'd even spoken politely to each other and here she was telling him she loved him! 

       Taylor Lautner gazed into the now teary blue eyes that he had once loved, and then despised for so long. He knew, at that very moment, she was his world, and had always been the love of his life. Fear had kept them apart for so many years, but now she was here, begging for him to love her again.

        And he already did. 

        Taking her face between his tan, large hands, Lautner kissed her with every ounce of his pain, heartbreak, desperation, and love. He took solace in the familiarity of her lips molded with his, of her hands tangled in his black hair. This was his home. She was his home.

       Taylor Swift knew right at that moment that it was worth every instance of pain and heartbreak over the past four years. He looked in her eyes, "I love you so much, Taylor."

      "I love you more than life." Swift laughed a little bit as she wiped the tears from her eyes and stood up. 

       Lautner stood up and hugged her fiercely, "I believe this is something worth fighting for, Taylor, and I will never let you go again."