Chapter 8

Louis quickly opens his door, and gets out. He walks around the car, and opens my door.

"Thank you," I told him softly as he helped me out. 

I watched as he opened the trunk and pulled out a basket. We must be having a picnic. I smiled at the thought of just sitting on the grass while chatting with Louis.

"Follow me," Louis said quietly.

I trailed along behind him quietly, taking in my surroundings as we walked. Trees surrounded us on either side, creating a barrier from the outside world. Birds chirped, filling the whole place with music. Purple flowers swayed in the wind, giving it a burst of colour.

After a bit, Louis stops walking. I am so caught up in our surroundings that I accidentally bump into him.

"Sorry," I quickly apologized. He smiled in response. 

He sat the basket down and got a blanket out. I walked over to him and helped him spread it out on the ground. The blanket was red and checkered. 

Classic picnic, I thought. 

Once we got everything out of the basket and onto the blanket, we sat down facing each other.  

"Your feast, madam," he says while handing me a peanut butter & jelly sandwich. I laugh softly and quietly thank him.

"So, what do you want to know about me?" I ask Louis curiously after I finish my food.

"Everything."

"Let's just start off with a few things," I responded. He nodded and waited patiently while I thought of things to tell him. The wind was blowing lightly, making my hair lift up around me.

"I like to sit on my roof at night while reading a book. I love dancing, even though I am no good. I like to sing, and I love to draw. All of my life I have loved to learn new things, and once I set my mind to do something, I won't stop until I actually do it. I also love just sitting outside listening to the birds and watching the clouds."

By the time I finish speaking, a small smile is tugging on the corner of his lips. He slowly stands up and smooths his pants before looking down at me and holding out his hand. I place my hand in his and he pulls me up.

"What are we-" I begin to ask, but he cuts me off.

"Dance with me."

And so we danced. We twirled around and around the small area, paying attention to nothing but ourselves. We danced until the stars came out, and the fireflies were visible. 

We finally stopped and we laid down on the blanket, just staring at the stars until it was time to take me home.

-Sorry if this wasn't any good. I am still working on getting my writing talent back.-