Chapter 17

Today is Saturday. Today Louis is taking me to the studio with him. I can't wait. I'm really excited! 

Right now I am texting Brynn and making breakfast. Mum and dad still aren't home. I figure they'll be back later on tonight. I have only heard from them once this week, and that was when they got to where they were going. 

Louis has been acting strange since two days ago when they performed at school. He has barely talked to me all week, and when he has his answers are short. I assume it's because he has been busy, but I don't know. 

I finish making my French Toast and place it on my plate. I coat it in maple syrup and quickly eat it. I place my plate in the sink and wash my hands. Syrup got on them, so they're sticky. 

Buzz buzz

I dried my hand on my jeans and pulled out my phone. I have a text from my friend Kayla. 

Are u home? I need to talk to u. :( -Kayla

I wonder what's wrong? I quickly text her back

Yeah, come on over.- Me

I run up to my room and replace my tank top with a black t-shirt. I quickly run my fingers through my hair in hopes of taming it.

I hear a knock at the door and I walk downstairs to answer it. When I open the door Kayla is standing there dabbing at her eyes with a tissue. I moved aside so she could walk in. 

"What happened?" I ask her after we get into my room. We're sitting on the edge of my bed now and I'm rubbing her back as she cries. 

"Jake.. he.. cheated on me," she sobbed. My eyes narrowed at her words. I knew he was trouble (a/n: see what I did there?) the moment I laid eyes on him. 

It all started on the first day of our sophomore year. We were in third period.

It was the middle of class when we heard a knock on the door. Everyone watched as the teacher opened the door and in walked Jake.

He was shy at first, but soon everyone loved him. He became all girls ever talked about, and well, I'm sure you can figure out the rest. 

"It will be okay, I promise," I tell her. 

"Can I stay with you tonight? she asked quietly. 

"Uhm, well.. I had plans tonight, but I guess I can see if I can move it to another time?" I said quietly. I made a mental note to text Louis in a few minutes. 

"Oh," she said quietly. "What did you have to do, exactly? If you don't mind me asking.." She was looking up at me now. She isn't crying anymore.

"I, er, I had a date," I stated softly. She frowned.

"Oh.. Don't cancel because of me. Go on your date," she said. 

"Are you sure?" I asked her, completely unsure. She smiled and nodded. 

I hopped up from my bed and started going through my outfits and holding them up to Kayla. Eventually we decided on a simple white tank top, light brown cardigan, and jeans. 

I walked into my bathroom and changed tops before applying a bit of makeup. I kept it natural. I don't really like makeup that much.

I grabbed my phone and checked the time. 5:33. I decided to text Louis.

What time are you picking me up?-Me

He replied 3 minutes later. 

I'm on my way now, actually :) -Louis