Chapter 19

"Pst... Psst.. Psssst!" 

I groan and put my pillow over my head. It's too early for this. Way too early.

"Get up!" Kayla shouts and starts jumping on my bed. I tumble off the bed and hear Kayla laughing. Pulling myself up, I grumble and complain. Mornings are not my thing. 

"Stop laughing or I'm pushing you down the stairs," I threaten, no promise, and shuffle into the bathroom. 

I look at my reflection and Amy eyes widen with horror. I look horrid! I grab my tooth brush and put toothpaste on it. Once I'm done brushing, I rinse my mouth with mouthwash. 

"What are we going to do today?" I ask Kayla after I walk back into my bedroom. "Kayla?" 

I look around and I cannot find her. I hear something rummaging around in my closet and I walk over. 

"Aha!" Kayla mumbles to herself. She pulls a pair of jeans and a plaid button-up shirt off of hangers and turns around. "Gah!" she gasps when she sees me.

"What are you doing?" I ask her curiously. 

"Finding me an outfit for today. You and I are going out for breakfast," she replies with a grin. 

"Okay," I say and step towards my closet. 

After a few minutes of looking around for an outfit I finally spot the perfect one. It's a pale blue, long sleeve dress that comes down about mid-thigh. I pull it off of its hanger and step out of my closet. I walk over to my dresser and pull out a par of leggings and walk into my bathroom to change.

"You look great!" Kayla exclaims when I walk out of the bathroom. 

"Thanks. You do too," I tell her with a smile. She grins and slips on her shoes. I find my black flats and slip them on. 

"Are you ready to go?" she asks me. I nod and my wallet and unplug my phone from its charger and follow her downstairs and out the door. 

When we arrive to the small cafe down the street it is not as crowded as I had thought it would be. Kayla and I find a booth and sit down. After a few minutes of looking over the menu I finally decide on blueberry pancakes.

"What are you getting?" I ask Kayla. She closes her menu and looks at me. 

"Waffles and bacon," she says, licking her lips. 

"Hello, ladies. My name is Josh and I'll be your server today. What would guys like to drink?" our waitor asks us politely. 

"Orange juice, please," I tell him kindly. 

"I'll have the same as her," Kayla tells him. He scribbles it down on his notepad and excuses himself to go get our drinks. 

"It's so quiet in here," Kayla grumbles quietly. 

"I like it," I tell her absentmindedly. 

A few minutes later Josh comes back with our drinks. "Are you guys ready to order?" 

We nod and I tell him what I would like and Kayla does after me. The bell over the door jingles, signaling someone has entered the little cafe. Kayla's eyes widen. 

I turn and over next to the door stands Louis and his four best friends. Louis' eyes scan the small area and his eyes land on me. A smile tugs on the corners of his mouth and he turns to face his friends.

"Let's go sit over here," he tells them and  they all walk over towards us. Louis slides in next to me and Liam slides in next to Kayla. Niall, Zayn, and Harry all sit in the booth next to ours. 

"So, what brings you lovely ladies here this fine morning?" Liam asks tiredly. He stifles a yawn after he asks. 

"Oh, you know. We were just looking for elephants," Kayla joked causing Liam to grin.

"Purple ones," I add. 

A draft of cool air washes over me as a new customer comes in. I scoot closer to Louis and he wraps his arm around me. I let out a content sigh and watched Niall row a napkin at Harry, causing Harry to grimace and Niall to double over in laughter. Kayla and Liam were quietly having a conversation, making each other giggle or blush. Louis and I are sitting in a comfrotable silence just taking all of this in. 

"Alright. I have one late of waffles and bacon, and one plate of blueberry pancakes."

I look up and see Josh, waitor. He sets our plates down in front of us and asks the boys what they want. I take a bite of my pancakes and smile. These are delicious. 

"Are they good?" Louis asks me. I nod. "Can I have a bite?" 

"Nope," I tell him, taking another bite of my food. Louis pouts. 

"Please," he whines, sounding like a 5 year old. 

"Fine," I huff, cutting off a piece of my pancake. He opens his mouth wide and I put the food in it. He chews then swallows before speaking to me. 

"That was really good." 

In the end, Louis eats all of his breakfast and most of mine. Harry and Niall fight over a piece of bacon while Zayn sits there staring at the window, a small smile on his face, pretending he doesn't know him. 

"What do you guys want to do?" Liam asks, standing beside Kayla. We all shrug and he sighs. 

"Let's go to the park," he says after a few moments.