The Meeting

Those words he said to me got me thinking. Should I meet him? Should I ignore that I even ever met him? He did annoy me but something about him was just different and I hated the fact that I couldn't find out what it was that attracted me to him.

"Soooooo,"Gina said nudging my arm.

"So what," I replied.

"Did you meet back up with him," Ashley asked.

"Oh, that, well yea I did meet back up with him," I said with my head down thinking on what to do.

"Okay, so what happened," Gina asked.

"Nothing, he just wants to meet back up tonight and get to know each other," I said still not paying attention to them.

"Are you going to go," Ashley asked.

" I don't know! Why y'all even care," I responded.

"Cuz we yo best friends Vicky," Gina said.

"Well I don't know ok," I said with a small attitude.

"No need to get salty okay," Ashley replied.

"I'm sorry. I'm just really stressed on if I should go or not," I said.

"Look you good. But really I think you go and meet him if you this stressed about it ," Gina said.

"True, it's obvious that you like him," Ashley agreed.

"Ok then since you guys advise me to, then I will because I trust you girls," I replied.

So I thought about what the girls said and decided that I was going to meet him. At 11:40 I got my sketchbook and music then headed to the well to meet Lonnie. When I got to the well there he was the same as always, with his headphones on his head sitting on the bench.

" So you do want to get to know each other," he said taking his headphones off.

" Did you hear me coming or something," I asked.

" Nah I saw your reflection in my phone, " he said standing up.

"Uh huh."

"You gonna come sit down?"

I walked over to the bench and sat down then he sat right next to me.

"So why do you come out here," I asked.

"Well I like the site, the peace, and I like to come out here to write," he replied.

"What is it that you write exactly?"

"Poems," he said looking down at his notebook.

"About?"

"My inner feelings and thoughts. It's me in figurative words and creative stories. But why do you come out here?"

" To get away, think, get different perspectives of things, and sketch."

" What do you need to get away from? You have the perfect life."

"Don't let the looks or house fool you. The drama that go on is unspeakable. Sometimes I wish I had a different family."

" Wow. Well your not alone on that, " he said staring off in to the sky. I slide over next to him and starred up with him

"It's always so pretty out here," I said.

"Got that right, but not as pretty as you though," he said looking back at me. I looked at him and our eyes met. His eyes filled with sorrow and pain sparkled in star light. Then he touched my face with his cold but gentle hands and kissed me.