Ch7- Truth

Shinya's POV

I was so shocked when I saw Layla at Shinjuku yesterday. She was helping a boy. I mean a vampire. I really, really miss her. It's like I want hug her but when I saw another 2 nobles protected her, I felt strange.

Angry? No! Jealous? Maybe...

I can't stop thinking about her. I wish I can meet with her again.

***
-(I skip to Battle in Nagoya Arc... okay! Warning! This chapter may contain spoilers!)-

Layla's POV

Another battle has broke at Nagoya. The human, Japanese Imperial Demon Army, planned to kill all nobles at Nagoya and conquer it. Krul ordered me to go there. She said this is my chance to take back Ryuzetsu along with helping Mika get back Yuu.

Suddenly, we heard a loud bang from the park. I look through the window of the chopper that took me here.

" Layla-sama, that's attacks are from the 15th Progenitor, Local Wesker's place. " Finni informs me.

It has begun, huh?

I sighed and took my sword, stared on it.

Royal Demon Sword; Kariya. It is almost similar to the humans weapon to kill vampires, the cursed gear. Kariya was formerly belong to the vampire royal family. It's feed vampires souls and its special abilities is to materialize demons near it. Its like Kariya can make the demon betray its master or weaken the demon. But its need to drink my blood just like the other 1st class vampire weapon and Kariya needs the demon master's blood spilled on Kariya to activate it's special abilities.

" Minna-san, let's check what is happening there. " We jump from the chopper. I landed on a lamp post while my other aides landed on the ground.

Lucal Wesker is there along with humans, maybe 2 squads, I guess. He lost one of his arm.

I noticed Yuu and his friends are there too. Also--- Shinya. He is holding a rifle.

Maybe that's his cursed gear.

" 14th Progenitor, Layla-sama. What are you doing here? " Local asked me.

" I have some business here. I see you're in bad situation right now. " I crossed my arms.

" Yes! This foolish humans attack me! " He yelled. I chuckled a bit. Poor Lucal.

" Tch! Another noble! " I heard someone hissed. A man with brown ponytail hair.

I smile then jump from the lamp post. I stand next to Finni and Mey.

" Wait! Are you just gonna leave? " Lucal stop me.

" I have some works to do, " I replied. I only watch Local killed by the humans. I can see Shinya fight too. I amaze a little.

" Layla-sama, we are wasting time here. " I agreed with Mey's.

We start to walk away but suddenly red chains appears and attack me. Rizz and Len manage to block it. I stared at the humans. They were prepare to attack us again.

" What's your problem?! " Shanna yelled. Maybe angry because of their tricky attack.

" I want to talk to you, " I was surprised. Shinya is pointed at me. The other human doesn't look shocked means, he already explain to them.

The two of us walk into a subway near the park. Shinya leads me there. My aides and the humans, were waiting at the subway entrance.

" What do you want? " I asked coldly.

" I just want to tell you the truth, " he replied.

" Truth? About your fiance? I don't want to know, " he stared me sharply. Maybe because of my rude attitude.

" Yes! You need to know! " He yelled.

" I was adopted to the Hīragi because they choose me to marry with Mahiru when we reach suitable age. Actually Mahiru love someone else and that person is Guren! We were only pretending to be lovers! " He told me with a higher tone. He is very serious.

I crossed my arms. I still don't believe him. He lied to me once, caused my heart broke, can't be healed.

" Why should I believe you? " I asked him, arrogantly.

" Because you have to! " He yelled again.

I glanced at him, " so you're telling me it's all my fault? "

Suddenly he pinned me to the nearby walls. His hands next to my head.

I was shocked, at the same time froze. Our face were only an inch away. His blue eyes gaze deeply on me.

" You're the one who leaves me, " he whispered into my ear.

" You're the one who lied to me! " I sarcasm.

" I still love you. I miss you, Layla. I miss you so much. " Upon hearing his words, I floored.

When he about to kiss me, I immediately push him away. He frowned.

" I gotta go. I need to find Ryuzetsu, " I murmured but I think he still can hear it.

He grabbed my wrist and pull me closer back to him.

" Ryuzetsu? Who's that? " he asked jealously.

" None of your business! " I pull hard my wrist from his grip and walked away, leaving him alone. Tears start to forming on my eyes.

I'm sorry Shinya. I love you too... but we can't be together again. Your family may take the opportunity to hurt me and mostly Ryuu... No! No one could hurt Ryuu!