2. Celestia

Her world was plenty dark already. Hate, discrimination and jealousy were just the base of the other different shades of dark. She was tired of all of it. Facing the same insults over and over. Hated on. Unloved. But she, like the strong star that she was, shone on, day after day, trying to hide her shame and misery with a cloak so bright, people blinded themselves to it. There was only one place where she could find peace, feel at home even. There was always a direction where she would look to see herself, and that was up; up; into the night sky. She loved space, not because it was just a vacuum of the darkest of black, but because it was a dark vacuum where only light could exist. She found pieces of herself scattered up there. It was just so ... so black. So dark. So peaceful. So beautiful. Nothing like the dirty blacks she was accustomed to. Over time, an uncontrollable desire to go up there ignited and she waited for her to be taken up there by her Angel. So dark turns to day, the poet wrote. Nothing gold can stay. She must've been gold, because she didn't stay. Her Angel came, as promised, and took her away. Far, far away, where the galaxies seemed to bow down to her and she was surrounded by light and brightness much like her own. And for once, she never looked back. Why should she have looked back at her prison when she was home?

She was home.