1

Alice's P.O.V

"Becky, get up and pack your bags. We have to meet our new parents soon." Becky has always been a hassle. I was the same when I was thirteen. It only got harder when we lost our parents.

"Al? You okay?" I feel hands shaking my shoulders. "Al?"

Becky moves her face closer to mine, "Yeah?" I ask already knowing the answer. As always.

"You escaped Earth and went into La-la-land. What were you thinking about? You were gone for over a minute this time." She returns to her suitcase on her bed and packs the rest of her clothes. 

"Past to present re-run." I keep packing.

"Don't keep dwelling on the past Al. Think of the present." Becky suggests as she gives me a smile. I knew she was excited for this, she was always ready to move. 

"Thank you for the words of wisdom, wise old Bec." She sends a glare my way before attending her mess of belongings.

Mrs.Carttren, the 'nice' lady that has been or legal guardian for the past two years stands at the bedroom threshold. Her brown evil eyes and ugly smirk has always made me think of the monsters that are said to be under beds. She wore a faded blue and black dress that didn't cover the fact that she has a massive belly that wobbles like jelly when she walks.

"You girls have two minutes before you new guardians arrive. As soon as you leave, do not come back." She turns away and descends down the hall.

"We hope so," Becky whispers when Mrs.Carttren is out of hearing range. I have to applaud Becky for being so outgoing.  

"C'mon Bec we gotta go." I shoved a Winnie the Pooh teddy into my small brown suitcase, shoving it towards the bottom so our new parents wouldn't see it. 

I stand at the door of the room and look around. From the moldy ceiling to the stained carpet. From one faded white wall to the other, the single beds to the wobbly desk. It is all going to change and I don't know if it's for the better or the worse.

Becky's P.O.V

Alice stands with her suitcase in one hand whilst staring at every corner of the room with clouded eyes. I sit on my single bed opposite Alice's and wonder if my new parents are famous. Even I knew that it's a long shot to hope for a parent from One Direction so I sided with hoping for a famous or rich family. Knowing that was probably not going to happen, but it was nice to dream. 

I really want some new clothes and shoes. I haven't been given new clothes in over a year and I have run out of any type of makeup. Even lip balm. Alice's job didn't give us enough money for extras.

"C'mon Bec," Alice repeats with sadness in her voice. I have to be excited for the good. I have to hope that we get a family that's going to love us, for her sake. 

"Coming Al, hold your horses!" I gallop like a wild horse around the room once before grabbing my suitcase and dragging it to the living room where we had to wait to meet our new parents. I cross my fingers hoping for someone pleasant on the eyes.  

I walk around the corner to see Alice on the couch with her skin ghostly pale. My gaze follows her to the corner of the room. I feel my legs start to shake and I end up on the ground. 

"This has to be some sort of prank," I whisper pointing up towards my two new parents. My breathing comes out uneven as I push myself against the couch. 

I pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming, "This isn't a dream." Then I remember who's sitting next to me.

"Al? Al? Are you there? Come back to me, please. I need you." Her eyes clear but her skin stays the same scary pale, "We can do this. Can you pinch me? I want to make sure this isn't a dream."

I let out a cry when she does and I know for sure that this isn't a dream. My eyes turn to my new parents, my favorite members of my favorite band, Louis, and Harry from One Direction. I take a few wobbly steps towards Harry and hug him. 

Tears start to run down my face as I decide to let go of Harry and jump onto Louis. This can't be real was on repeat in my mind like a broken record. I slowly let go of Louis and go back to Alice. 

How is this possible? Why are they here? They cannot be our new parents. The shock starts to take over my entire body. It was like finding out that dad wasn't faithful to mom all over again. How are we going to survive this?

_-*_-*_-*_-*_-*

Hey, guys 🙋

I have started writing this story because I wanted to do a collab with my friend BSloves1D and I wanted to try something new. I hope that everyone reading like what they've just read and we'll be sure to have the next chapter very soon.

😚👄❤💚💛💜💙

-Onyx Hathaway-