8

Hey guys, so there's a little drama in here, and no plants (sadly). Next chapter will surely fill your planty dreams though XD Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy! ~B

_~*_~*_~*_~*_~*

Alice's POV

The attention turns to me. Planting. Before I knew it a memory washed over me and I was brought back to the past.

I am planting purple tulips with Becky and my mother outside when I hear a car door close. We've all been waiting for dad to get home from one of the many business trip he was taking. He was said to be home last night, but when he didn't show, we all began to worry. 

I turn around and drop the flower I was holding as I see dad. I run around the side of the house to find that he isn't alone. He's holding hands. With a guy. I will never forget the features of the home wrecker. 

Sandy blond hair, blue eyes, and a kind smile. He gives the three of us a warming smile as he held my father's hand. 

"Rick, what do you think you're doing?" My mother asks, still clutching Emilie's hand. I may have been young when it happened, but I had already figured out Mom had only called Dad, Rick, when he was in trouble. I reach out for Becky, who was only 1 at the time. 

"I'm sorry, but I...we need a divorce. I don't love you like I once did, those feelings died a while ago. The only reason I stayed this long was because of Alice, then after Alice, Becky. If you hadn't gotten pregnant again, I wouldn't have stayed." My father didn't look as sad as mom. Instead, he looks like he had 100 tons lifted off his shoulders. I didn't know that this would be one of the last times I would ever see my father. If I had known I might've actually tried to stop him from leaving. 

"Who's he?" Mom asks, pointing the guy father was holding hands with. 

"My boyfriend, Frank. I'm sorry, Julie, but I...I've realized that I prefer men." My mother brings a hand to her mouth and lets out a silent cry. Even though us kids were young, we knew that something was off, I knew that something was off. I didn't understand what they were talking about but my biological father, I knew, was wrong. 

I took Becky with me when I ran to my mom to hug her. Who would've known this was going to be the last time my family would ever be together. I got a nice long look at my father before he walks to grab something from the car.

My father's blue eyes matched Becky's. A constant reminder of the man that left. He had soft brown hair. I was kind of glad Becky got Mom's hair and I got Grandma's. It was bad enough I had to deal with my father's eyes, if Becky were a clone of my father I don't know what I would do. 

"I've already filled out parts of the papers. If you wish to speak with me farther, I will need for you to contact my lawyer." My father hands my mom a small piece of paper before climbing into his car and driving away. He didn't hold any remorse in them, any pain. We were always an annoyance to him.

Forever, he left us. 

"Alice! Alice are you alright?" I look up from my trance to see Becky. Her eyes stare down at me, full of concern. 

"I...can't. I'm sorry...I just..." I push her away from me and run upstairs. I sprawl myself on the bed and cuddle the pillows. 

I am just a wimp. Gardening shouldn't be this hard. All they wanted to do is have some family time. But the memories of the occasion are too much. I feel a soft hand on my back. I don't respond. I don't care who is here, I need this. I need to cry it out. 

"Shh, it'll be alright. Cry out all you want love." Louis' soft voice hums.

I continue crying for a long time, but Louis stays with me. His hand rubs my back as I cry my eyes out. He tells me it will be alright. I wish it is. I wish I can leave the past, but it always finds a way of traumatizing me when I least expected it. 

I finally come to a point where no matter what, no more tears will flow. I slowly turn around to look at him. He gives me a soft smile, a warming smile. I push the thought away, not wanting to start crying again. Well, if I can. 

"Hey, are you alright love?" Louis brings his hand to my face and wipes away the areas where the tears fell. I give him a small smile, not finding the energy to give him a full one. 

"Not really." I try to reply but my voice is quite hoarse from the crying.

"Do you want to talk about?" His tone gentle and calming. I could fall asleep to his voice. All I want is to curl in a ball and sleep as he talks. 

"Not really." I try to speak again, clearer than before. I'm not ready to share the memories with anyone. I don't even think I told Becky. She was there, but she was too young to remember any of it. For all she knows Dad just left and never returned. Planting flowers isn't ruined for her. There isn't the constant fear of something else being taken when you place the plant in the dirt. I live with that and if keeping secrets saves my sister from that, then I would keep it that way. 

"Well, do you want to stay up here or do you want to come downstairs. You don't have to. If you want I can stay up here too and we can play a board game or something." I shake my head. I'm not going to ruin the bonding Becky deserves with her two new fathers. Not fathers, guardians. They would never be her fathers. 

"No, I'll go downstairs, but if it's alright, I...don't want to plant. I...I'll just sit and talk, if that's alright." I ramble. Louis places a hand on my shoulder and gives me a small smile. He could tell it's a touchy subject. 

"It's perfectly fine."