Chapter 3 -- New Album, New Crush

_Justin's POV_

"I will keep quiet

You won't even know I'm here

You won't suspect a thing

You won't see me in the mirror

But I crept into your heart

You can't make me disappear

Til I make you-" I hear Jessica sing before my manger, Scooter interrupts my listening.

"She has raw talent." He says.

I smile. "Sure does. I'm proud of her."

"Her songs are so deep and sad though."

I sighed. I've had this talk with him way to much. "I like it. It's not like we hear music like hers all the time, Scooter. You know what I hate? I hate teen songs and teen artists that does shit everyone wants them to do. Jessica does stuff differently and I'm proud of her for it. Now if you would excuse me I want to listen to her."

He sighs then leaves before I go back to listening to her.

"You'll never know what hit you

Won't see me closing in

I'm gonna make you suffer

This Hell you put me in

I'm underneath your skin

The devil within

You'll never know what hit you

The devil within

You'll never know what hit you"

I smile as I push the button so she can hear me, "That was great! We're done for the day."

She came out of the recording area and gulped some water. The song she was just singing was a little different and a little harder to sing. It had some very weird vocals in it but she does amazing with it.

She smiled at me as she said, "You really think it was good? It's one of my hardest songs and I want to make sure I nail it for this summer."

"You've got all of your songs down one hundred percent, Jessica. Stop worrying!"

She sighed, "Alright alright. So can you believe tonight at midnight my new album will be released?!"

I smile at her. "It's an amazing feeling for your first album to come out, huh?"

She squeals, "I CAN'T EVEN HOLD IN MY EXCITEMENT!!"

I laugh, completely understanding her excitement. I was in her position about four years ago. I then remember what happened a month ago.

"Hey how are you holding up?"

She seemed confused, "What do you mean?"

I sighed, "With the whole Brenton thing."

She just looked at the floor. About a month ago Brenton took her virginity then left her. She was doing fine at first, determined to not let him get in the way of her happiness. But then she saw on an article him kissing another girl and she broke. She's trying to stay strong and be happy, but I felt as if she was starting to fall for him hard.

She pulled me out of my thoughts, "I'm doing fine. I swear."

I just gave her my 'I know you're lying' look.

She sighed, "I'm getting there. Some days I miss him and then other days I'm happy because he doesn't deserve me and I have so many amazing fans and I have you."