Memories Of The Past

Run. Get away. All I can think about is the betrayal. All I can feel is the pain. All I can see is the darkness that is consuming me here. It hurts... My heart aches... "Why?" The same question repeats in my head over... And over... When finally...
I wake up coughing and clutching my shirt tightly. I look around and see myself in my room. The clock reads 8:17 am. I catch my breath and wipe away the sweat that had gathered from the nightmare.
'It's Valentines Day huh.. Figures I would dream of that incident. What a pain...'
I got up and went to the bathroom and prepared to take a shower.
------------30 minutes later--------------
I slipped on my (F/C) shirt and jacket along with some (F/C) jeans and slid on my sneakers. I had a slice of toast and brushed my teeth before leaving my empty house. That's right.. Not long ago I had moved out to live on my own.
I arrived to school not too long after and school would be starting soon. I walked into class and saw (F/N) fidgeting at her desk. She saw me and gave a nervous wave. I smirked softly and sat at my desk.
'She worries about this stuff too much..'
I looked out the window then down at my hands that were resting on my desk. I felt eyes on me so I looked up and saw (F/N) looking at my sympathetically. I sigh softly and notice Levi walk in. All the girls watched and whispered about him as he sat next to me. He glanced my was and I raised a brow.
"Morning brat."
I clicked my tongue, a bad habit I believe I caught from him.
"Morning to you as well Mr. Popular."
"It's annoying how these girls flee to me. Talk about disgusting."
I hold back the smile that wants to form and rest my head on my hand.
"Levi are you perhaps gay?"
He glared at me causing me to shiver.
"Don't even joke about that shit."
I sighed and smirked softly. "Yes sir. So did you bring the chocolates for that girl you're supposedly interested in?"
He gave me a nod and I looked out the window.
'Valentines Day... I hate it... Ever since two years ago...'
----------------Flash Back--------------
It's such a beautiful morning. I smiled brightly and walked down the hall to my boyfriends locker with the chocolates I planned to give him. I'm so excited! I really hope he likes them! I turn the corner smiling to myself and notice him at his locker. I go to call for him but I stop.
'Wh-what... Who...'
He was flirting with another girl and kissing her passionately. I froze and dropped the chocolates drawing their attention. He looked at me.
"Shit. Uh babe this isn't what it looks like!"
---------------------------------------------
'Never again... I changed completely. Dropped all my fake friends and became distant. I stopped showing too much emotion and remained apathetic. Stayed out of relationships. And hated Valentine's Day.'
I winced at that ache in my chest and gritted my teeth. It's been two years since then and it still hurts. I moved on a long time ago but it hurts because I never thought he would betray me like that and not right in front of my own eyes. I never thought I would experience that pain and now I know better. I don't hold any expectations and I don't get my hopes up. I sigh and look at (F/N) who keeps taking cautious glances at me. I look at Levi and again I'm curious.
'Who is it that caught his attention? I've seen girls flock to him but never one that he took notice of...'
Class had started a bit ago and was nearly finished. This was going to be a long day...
------------------Lunch--------------------
I sighed deeply and stood up ready to go to the cafeteria when I'm suddenly stopped by someone. I turn to see some boy with brown eyes and blonde hair. He was fidgeting and handed me some chocolates.
"H-Happy Valentines Day (Y/N)..."
I took the chocolates and looked at him.
"Ah thanks..." He rushed away and I stared down at the chocolates. I put them in my bag and met my friend near the door.
"(Y/N) are you ok...?"
"It's fine. I don't really know him so no harm done." I gave a nod to her and turned to see Levi with his hands in his pockets and a frown apparent on his features.
'Hm?'
He passed us and walked to the cafeteria.
'What's his deal?'