Meet the Detective

Katherine took another sip of her drink as she felt a body take the seat next to her. "Didnt think I'd see your face again"
Katherine turned. "What do you want Elizabeth?" she snapped taking another sip.
"well for starters, I'd like to say im shocked you haven't tried to kill me yet. From what I hear,youre on a mission for revenge." she said calmly,pouring a drink herself.
"How'd you hear that?"
Elizabeth licked her lips. "I own this hotel Kit Kat, I have my ways." she snarked. Katherine scoffed.
"Look Elizabeth,I'm not stupid. Yeah, sure I wanted to kill you and I still do but.."
"But what?"
"But Im done with this hotel and you Elizabeth.It was foolish of me to think it would change." Katherine took another sip. Elizabeth shuffled closer to her and used her head to nod towards a tall dark haired man.
"You see him, he's a police officer." she spoke in a low husky tone.
"So?" Katherine spat.
"So his name is John and our James seems to of taken a particular interest in him."
"Why?" Katherines eyes now not leaving the detectives figure.
"That's irrelevant, my point is, he seems like a worthy distraction don't you think?" she chuckled as Katherine jumped up from her stool with a horrified expression.
"How dare you! I am not some floosey! It may be a shock to you Elizabeth but sex actually means something to some of us." the countess scoffed and took another sip.
"Incase you haven't noticed darling it's the 21st century. Everyone sleeps with everyone." Katherine crossed her arms.
"That's positively awful."
"That's life as we know it sweetheart." She patronised. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have to check on the children." And with that she got up and left before Katherine could ask anything about the children.
She sat back down and looked back toward John who was already staring back. He raised he drink in a sign of cheers,Katherine raised hers in return and they then both turned away.
Why did she do that? She couldnt possibly be debating Elizabeths idea?No...no of course not. However,she was intrigued at the reason as to why James had taken particular interest in the man. A police officer of all people, I mean James was...well a ur...well he liked to partake in illegal activities.
"Hi, My names John" Katherine gasped in surprise not realising the detective had pulled out a stool next to her.
"Katherine" she stated holding out her hand to which was abruptly shook rather than kissed like she was used to.
"Didnt mean to scare you ma'am. You and the countess caught my eye" He smiled.
"Yes well Eliz-I mean the Countess and I go back a long time." She responded pulling a strand of hair away from her face.
"How about her husband? Are you familiar with James Patrick March? " He enquired. Katherine paused for a moment.
"No I can't say I am, why?"
"I'm a detective ma'am, just come find me if you hear anything suspicious going on around here." He informed her but avoided the question.
"Of course detective."