Stuck (Rubapphire)

"Garnet are we ever going to get out of here" Steven asked.  Garnet looked down at him.  "I'm sure Pearl and Amethyst are looking for us right now".  Steven sighed and laid down in the corner.  Garnet sat beside him.  "Hey Garnet" said Steven sitting up.  "Hm"?  "Do you have and stories about Ruby and Sapphire"?  Garnet pondered for a moment.  "Yes, I do".  Steven stared at her intently.  "It was back, when Rose was still around, after the rebellion........

"Ruby would you please hand me that" Rose asked.  Ruby picked up the baking pan and handed it to her.  "What's all this for anyway" Ruby asked, examining the cookie dough. "Its a surprise for Greg, he loves these things called "cookies" so I'm learning how to make them".  Rose filled the pan with dough and slid it into the oven.  Ruby tapped her foot against th ground impatiently.  "When is that stupid comet going to pass" she demanded.  Rose giggled at Rubys immaturity.  "Just wait, when it does you and Sapphire will be able to fuse again.  Ruby hopped off of her stool and went outside where she saw Sapphire sitting on the beach watching the sunset.  Ruby walked down the stairs and sat down next to her.  The two of them sat there for a while until Sapphire finally broke the silence.  "This is pretty".  Ruby nodded in agreement.  "Not as pretty as you though".  Sapphire snorted.  "Ruby" she exclaimed, lightly punching her side.  The two of them sat there laughing until all of a sudden, the ground started to move.  The sand started to cave in on itself and Sapphire was caught in the middle of the vortex.  Ruby reached out and grabbed her arm but it was too late and the two of them tumbled down into the darkness.  Ruby landed with a hard thud and Sapphire landed on top of her.  Ruby immediately jumped up.  "What just HAPPENED"!  Sapphire shook her head.  "I-I don't know, I never saw this".  Ruby was walking around looking for a way out.  "Ugh there's nothing here" she shouted pounding her first against the wall.  Sapphire looked up at the now caved in ceiling and realized that there truly was no way out.  Ruby summoned her gauntlet and started pounding at the wall in an attempt to break it.  Sapphire watched as the ceiling shook with every hit. "Ruby" she said moving closer. Ruby continued to pound the wall". "Ruby" she said a little louder. Nothing. "RUBY" Sapphire shouted. "WHAT" Ruby swung around, not realizing her gauntlet was still on her hand. She watched as Sapphire flew across the cave. "SAPPHIRE"! Ruby ran across the cave and knelt down next to her. Sapphire didn't move. "Sapphire"? Ruby squeaked, tears filling her eyes. Sapphire gave a light groan and shifted her body so that her head was in Rubies lap. "Sapphire I'm so sorry I didn't realize- Sapphire held a finger to her lips. "It's ok, I saw it coming".

"That's so CUUUUUUTE" Steven shouted. Garnet chuckled. "Yeah, I guess it is. Suddenly the cave began to rumble and a large fist came through the cave wall. "Opal"! Steven exclaimed. Opal grabbed the two of them and pulled them out of the cave. She un-fused and Pearl and Amethyst engulfed Steven in a hug. Garnet stood and watched the three of them.  "Garnet come on, we're going to be late for dinner" Steven exclaimed.  He dashed for the house and Garnet followed.  "Look at how far we've come" she said to herself.

I'm proud of this one