Toby & Emily XD

"Emily!" My mom called from downstairs. I sleepily pulled my self out of my bed and made my way to the kitchen where she was making breakfeast.

"Toby called, he'll be here soon. You'll be going to the park, and then to the movies or something." She said. "Thanks for running this through me first." I replied sarcasticly.

I didn't really care though. Toby was my best friend, we hung out all the time, but sometimes my mom makes plans for me, she probably just wants me out of the house...

I ran upstairs. I messily put my hair in a bun and put on my a teal soccer shirt that read, 'I play like a girl? Thanks.' it had a soccer ball, just like the one I had. I put on my black skinnies, and adias, and was ready to go.

Ding Dong! The doorbell rang just in time. "Hey Em!" Toby said as I opened the door. "Hey Tob." I replied. "Mom! We're leaving!" I yelled as I left.

Connor was sitting in his car waiting. He drove us around most of the time, because me and Toby only had our learners. "Hey Connie!" I used his hated nickname as I took a seat in the back. Toby sat bext to me and smirked at his brothers expense. "Hey Emmie." He said, annoying me. Emmie sounded too girly for my taste.

"Where's Riley?" I asked, he was normally with us when we went on our little 'field trips'. "Playing video games with Braiden and Thomas." Connor answered. "I am appalled, he would rather play video games then hang out with me?" I joked.

"Guess so." Toby said. "So what are we doing today?" I asked. "Soccer fields at the park, and movies!" He said excitedly. "Someone had their coco puffs this morning." I muttered, not loud enough for him to hear. "What?" He asked. "What? Nothing." I said, rolling my eyes.

We pulled up at the fields, and I smiled. We decided to take shots on the goalie, which was Connor. "Oh, it's on!" Connor announced. I got a ball in the net, and he pouted, "Pshh. I wasn't ready." "Sure..." Toby said, and I smiled.

~ * ~

After watching Connor fail at blocking our shots, we decided to go watch a movie. "White House Down!" Connor suggested. "Monsters University." Toby interjected. "Despicable Me 2!" I said happily. "You guys are so immature." Connor said. "What! Says the one who still believes in the tooth fairy!" I piped.

"Of course she's real. My parents never have quarters on them." He said proudly as if it was the smartest comment in the world. I let it go, realizing I wasn't going to win this arguement.

I twisted my longish dirty blonde hair in my fingers, a habit of mine. Actually, my hair was very close to Connor's hair. I spend so much time with the McDonoughs, I might as well be his sister. Except for the small fact that I have a crush on Toby. On my best friend. It is so awkward sometimes. But regardless, I wasn't going to let that ruin our friendship.

Connor ran into some of his friends, and decided to watch White House Down with them. "Ok, then, I see how it is!" I joked. "And then there were two." Toby said with a straight face. I burst out laughing, and he joined in.

"So, Despicable Me 2?" He asked. "Yeah!" He bought the tickets, and I frowned. "I could've paid for that." I said. "My treat. Plus, aren't I supposed to be a gentleman?" He grinned. I rolled my eyes. "I buy the popcorn and candy then." I said. "How about no." He said.

After argueing, he took my wallet, and I, thinking I won, smiled. Until, that is, he pays for it with his money. And he gives me my wallet back. I should've seen it coming. "Jesus, Toby. Really want to be a gentleman huh." I said. "Yup." He said. "Why?" "Because that's what guys do on dates." He smiled cheekily.

My stomach dropped. I was going to pass out. I blushed. He was kidding, right? Of course he was, he could never like me. Never.

"Shall we?" He seemed not to notice my loss of words, and grabbed my hand and heading toward the movie. I noticed our joint hands, and blushed even more if that was possible.

We ate popcorn and candy the whole time. I let go of his hand when we entered the movie, but he put his arm around me as we sat down.

Just being friendly right? Maybe it was just in a brotherly way. It probably was.

~ * ~

After the movie, we met up with Connor, and he said, "How was the movie you lovebirds?" I stood there stunned. Toby was doing the cut it out motion to Connor, thinking I wouldn't see, but I saw out of the corner of my eye.

I smiled to myself."I was only kidding Toby. No need to get all defensive." He said obnoxiously, grinning.

Toby glared at him, and walked ahead of us, insisting that he had to call his mom or something. "You know he really likes you, right?" Connor blurted out unexpectedly. "What?" I said. "He does. Trust me. Do you not see the way he looks at you?" He said sincerely.

I brushed it off, ignoring Conmor as I thought.

He didn't like me. But why would Connor lie to me?

~ * ~

We rode home silently, nothing but the hum of the radio. "Awkward Silence." Toby said. "It wasn't awkward till you said that dumbo." I teased. "Oh you know you love my dumbness." He smiled.

"Nah." "Yup." "Nah." We went on like that, and Connor laughed. "Just ask her out already!" He said. It became dead silence in the car once again. I became interested in my shoes, and Toby looked away.

"Emily. I do actually really like you. But Connor should'nt have brought it up that way! But, Emily? Will you go out with me?" He said. Connor fist pumped, but kept his eyes on the road. I was speechless. "Emily?" "Yes." "Wait, what?" "Yes, I will go out with you." He beamed from ear to ear.

He kissed my cheek. I can't believe this is happening. Connor cheered, and I rolled my eyes.

______________________________

Hope you like this @BYEemily!

I didn't understand what you meant by topic- friends, so I just made them best friends abd stuff. I didn't use all the info you gave me, but I hope you like this regardless.

One shots are open still, but remember to send me the forms! And it seems like everyone loves Toby. He's mine though. <3

Kidding, but it would be nice to write about Connor, Riley, Thomas and Braiden too!