Chapter 20: Photograph

I've been training really hard just to fight my own brother but Tenzin, suggested I take a break and get in touch with my spiritual side. Whatever that means. But, I think he ment I have to meditate like crazy.
So I sat near the tree, in the shade, I took a deep breath and concentrate.

I woke up in a strange forest with weird creatures floating in the air and roaming the ground. Where the hell am I? Seriously, everything is starting to get weird but then a red fox with 4 tails appeared right infront of me.

" Hello, Maro, I am Celestine." The red fox said. " Follow me." Celestine commanded.

It was weird at first but I just did what Celestine said. I followed her to an old library. A library? I was suppose to get  intouch with my spiritual self but I never expected to get a lecture.

"What am I suppose to do here?" I asked.

" To defeat your other half you must learn your origin." Celestine said in calming voice.

" My origin?" I asked

" How you were created." Celestine answered

"Wait, what?!" I exclaimed. " Okay foxy, your weird and I don't know what your saying. I don't want a lecture about how babies were created!" I said. "I was born in this world by my mother, you know, Avatar Korra. Now can you tell me where's the exit." I said. I was about to leave but what Celestine said stopped me and changed everything.

"You're not human." Celestine said. " neither is your brother."

" What do you mean?" My voice was cracking but I tried to keep it together.

" You should take a look at this Photograph." Celestine handed me a family potrait. It was mom, dad and another kid. A boy, that is a carbon copy of Dad. " That boy is Kaleb." What? He doesn't look like my brother. " He's the real Kaleb. Do you still remember, a building was on fire?" Wait? That dream was real? " Kaleb was 6, your family use to live in a apartment before and an accident happened. The fire killed Kaleb and your mother was devastated. " Celestine walked over to a globe and showed a hologram of mom. She was a mess. Drinking, smoking and taking weird medicines. Dad tried to help her but it ended in a fight. "It was killing your mother. It destroyed her sanity. Then your father thought of creating a boy. So he searched the old books of this very library and found what he was looking for." Celestine handed me an old book. Reincarnation and curses. " So he created a boy using his memories of Kaleb and created the darkness that haunted your family." The hologram revealed Mako in a cave with weird writings on the ground. In the middle of the circle. There was a body? "In order to create the boy. He must kill and sacrifice a child to the demon. " Then a small boy appeared after the smoke. The boy was my brother. The Kaleb I Knew. Then something changed Dad. He was changing in a black creature with blood red eyes and sharp claws and teeth. " It came with a price for the user aswell. Your father turned into a monster. A Soul Eater. Forever, to be the hollow to serve it's master, the monster he created." I can't believe it. What happened to my dad. " Your mother found out and tried to find a way to save your father. So she created you." Celestine looked at me. " She created you with her life force. With Raava's help, she blessed you and made sure you were pure and light while Kaleb was diluted and dark." Celestine said. " Thats why your mother left republic city. To keep you safe and away from Mako. You're the only chance we have to restore balance." Who knew a single photograph can change my fate. What am I suppose to do?

"What do you want?" I said.

" In order to restore balance. You must seal & contain your diluted brother" Celestine stopped and inhaled. This looks bad "and kill your own father." I was speechless... Kill my own father?

A/N: CLIFFHANGER. FIRST OF ALL HAPPY NEW YEAR AND WELCOME 2016. SORRY I DIDN'T UPDATE IN A LONG TIME AND I HOPE THIS CHAPTER MAKES UP MY ABSENCE. I HOPE YOU LIKE IT AND IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS, JUST TELL ME AND WE'LL SEE WHAT HAPPENS. MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR