The Road Ahead (Kili)

I do not own The Hobbit. it belongs to J.R.R. Tolkien   I only own Theyndrail (theyn) and maybe a few more side characters along the way. no copyright infringment intended.    READ THE DESCRIPTION FOR SOME IMPORTNANT BACKGROUND INFO!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I slowly made my way through the green town of Hobbiton. On both sides of me the hills and fields rolled on in a sea of green, dotted by colorful swaying wildflowers. Their fragrant aroma filled my nose as the brisk night air raised goose bumps on my arms.

Gandalf had said this place would be easy to find, and to look for a symbol on the door. Lying old man. I'd been riding around for ages and still hadn't come across it. The sky had already darkened to a rich blue, almost black, and the stars were slowly being hidden behind rain clouds.

Hopefully I find this place before it starts to rain.

Just as I felt the first few drops land on my cloak, I spotted it. There, on a round green door was something that clearly did not belong. The symbol shone a brilliant blue, catching the eye of any late night travellers.

I watched as two figures made their way up the stone steps to the door. Quickly dismounting my horse, I snuck up the stairs and jumped onto the back of the one  on the left.

"Gotcha!"

"You know Theyn, you've been doing this for years, you can't surprise me" said Kili, shaking his head but smiling.

"One day it'll work" I smiled back, leaning over to embrace each brother.

Fili reached out and rang the bell while voices could be heard from within. The round door opened to reveal a short little man, a hobbit, who appeared to be very overwhelmed.

"Fili."

"And Kili."

"At your service!" Said the two dwarfs politely.

"And I am Theyndrial." I told the hobbit with a bow of my head.

"You must be Mr. Baggins!" Kili said, stepping towards the door.

"Nope! You can't come in, you've come to the wrong house."

Kili pushed back the door as the hobbit tried to close it on us. He's not a very polite host is he?

"What! Has it been cancelled?" "No one told us" Kili and Fili explained.

"Can- no nothings been cancelled..." the hobbit now seemed very confused.

"That's a relief!" Kili opened the door fully and stepped inside, he wasn't afraid to do what he liked, which included walking into a perfect strangers home. Fili and myself followed closely behind him into the little hall.

Fili turned back to hand Mr. Baggins his things, while me and Kili examined the house.

"It's nice, this place. D'you do it yourself?"

"Wha-? No, it's been in the family for years. That's my mother's glory box can you please not do that!" The little man exclaimed at Kili who had been cleaning the bottom of his boots on a wooden box.

I gave him a little slap on the shoulder so he'd stop. He just gave me his lopsided grin in return. Idiot.

Just then Dwalin came into the room and asked for our assistance. We quickly went about setting chairs around a large wooden table so that everyone would have a place to sit.

The bell rang again several time and Mr. Baggins could be heard all the way to the door, grumbling about dwarfs in his dining room.

"Hurry Theyn! Let's go see what he has to eat here before everyone else gets to it!"

Laughing we rushed to the pantry and were amazed at how much food this one little hobbit had. Kili immediately found his favourite food, salted pork. I was still looking however when I felt a tap on my shoulder. Turning to look back at Kili I saw that he had another plate in his hand. "I found your weak spot as well." My eyes lit up as I saw the plate of little chocolate cakes he was holding. My mouth started to water at the sight of it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Soon everyone was seated and food was flying from one end of the table to the other. I was seated to the right of Kili, as was our usual arrangement. The ale never stopped flowing, they were dwarfs of course. I myself drank too, but not nearly as much as the rest of them.

 After supper was finished I saw Fili toss a plate over to Kili. Fili looked over at me and laughed, "Theyndrial! Throw me that bowl."

I tossed it over to him and he proceeded to bounce it off his elbow to his brother. The game continued as everyone stared to sing, and Bilbo yelled at us in protest.

"Blunt the knives, bend the forks!" Kili sang in his deep voice.

"Mash the bottles and burn the corks!" Fili joined his brother in song.

"Chip the glasses and crack the plates," I sang the next part as I had done many times before. This song was an old one that I had heard many times, although the name of the person was always different than the last.

"That's what Bilbo Baggins hates!"

As soon as the final chorus was sung and everyone was calming down, there were three loud knocks on the door. Everyone quickly stopped talking, leaving it ominously quiet.

"He is here," Gandalf declared.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

***A/N    so i've been thinking about doing a Hobbit fanfic for quite a while now and couldn't decide whether I should write one or not, but here it is.

Did you like it? was it terrible (hopefully it wasn't!) But feedback would be greatly appreciated so that I know what you guys are thinking, that's very important to me!   OH and you'll be fiding out all of the info on Theyn next chapter DON'T WORRY, it should be up within a couple days.

Well anyway I hope you guys enjoyed it, and I'm going to be sticking very close to the movie (obviously with some minor adjustments) and i'll try to keep it close to the book as well.   OH and you shuld watch the video on the side, it's pretty awesome, AND it's not the normal version of that video ;P

COMMENT, VOTE, FOLLOW!  :D

~~Hayley