What Did You Just Say?!

We got our pizza and sat at our usual table. I ate my pizza in silence while April blabbed on about new shoes at the mall.

"Hey how come you haven't been talking?" April asks finally noticing my silence. "Because...I don't know I'm just thinking." I finally say when Kade and Neon finally come.

"About?" She asks. "About what you said." I say giving up. "What did she say?" Kade asks interrupting our conversation. "Uhh...Nothing." I say changing the subject.

After lunch April, Neon, and I head off to the gym to get ready for p.e.

"Hey so what were you guys talking about at lunch?" Neon asks casually. "It was nothing really." I say not really wanting to think about it again.

"Come on we're best friends you can tell me." She says folding her arms. "Fine." I say giving up. "April said that she thinks Kade likes me that's all, but that's impossible because he is dating Kat." I explain.

"You said that?!" Neon asks shocked. "Ya it's true huh?" April confirms. Neon nods her head yes. "Shut up." I say tired of this conversation. "Well I'm going to gym class." I say leaving the locker room.

I walk up the stairs to the indoor track. I get in line next to two guys with the last name that starts with a C, Isaac Craig and Aaron Craws. Neon and April come in late and have to do 25 push-ups.

"Alright class let's warm up with 5 laps around the track then a rest and 10 more." Mr. Legors our gym teacher orders. I start running when Cameron runs right next to me.

"Hey sorry about what happend in first period let me make it up to you." He says but I ignore him and keep running forward getting away from him. He catches up and runs next to me.

"AJ come on." He pleads. Did I forget that he used to be my bestfriend that's how he knows my name until he became captain of the football team and popular and he became rude, so I found new friends.

"What do you want Cameron?" I say not using his nick name I used to use. We start the second lap while he catches up again.

"I want to make it up to you...like I said" He replies. "By doing what?" I ask. "Let me take you out on a date." I stop dead in my tracks. "What did you just say!?" I ask still shocked. "Let me take you out on a date."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hey everyone what do you think about what Cameron said? Do you think he is playing a trick on her or do you think he is serious? Leave a comment and tell me what you think.