A story begins

"Captain, I have a . . . little problem." Sulu said, speaking in private with the captain.

"What kind of problem do you have, Mr Sulu?" Jim asked.

"I may or may not have a Klingon plant that I traded in for a Vulcan tree." Sulu said.

Jim raised a eyebrow.

"A Klingon plant?" Jim asked.

"Yes." Sulu said.

Kirk lowered a eyebrow clearly confused.

"And how is that a problem?" Jim asked

"It is why we have two Klingon vessels tailing us," Sulu said. "I forgot to transfer it to a plant colony on Berest IV for a Klingon trader. It is a rare and exotic plant."

"And this entire time I thought Tiagerliona was a person they were referring to," Jim said. "Let me guess, these guys are plant 'biologists' related Klingons. I find it hard to believe that Klingons care about their plant life."

"Since the introduction of tribbles on their planet, grass and wild life has become scarce," Sulu explained. "This animal would commonly be found in the wilderness deep, very deep, in the forest.Most of these creatures were eaten alive by the tribbles due to their lack of defensive mechanism to fend off attackers so portable."

"Eaten alive. . ." Jim said, with a shudder. "Tell me there is a happy ending."

"Re-population is being done on Behest IV," Sulu said. "I forgot about it due to the events that happened lately."

"When were you supposed to send the Tiagerliona off?" Jim asked.

"Yesterday, sir." Sulu said.

"Sulu, thank you for approaching me with this information," Jim said. "These Klingons will be happy to know they will get their carnivores plant back."

Sulu sighed.

"That is a relief, sir." Sulu said.

Jim had a serious look about his face.

"But if I hear they eat anyone," Jim said, warningly. "Then I am sending them to the Romulans, is that clear?"

"Yes, sir." Sulu said, with a slow but understanding nod.