1

Mariah's POV

" Dad , Can I Have Some Money To Go To The Mall Tomorrow ? " I Asked , Just Knowing He Was Going To Say Yes . He Let Out a Deep Sigh .

" Mariah , I Just Gave You Money Yesterday . "

" I Knoooow , But I Spent That . " I Tried To Sound As Sweet As Possible , This Man Could Never Say No To Me .

" No , Mariah , You're Wasting Money . And Even Though We Do Have The Luxury Of Being Able To Spend . I Don't Think You Understand The Value Of The Money . You Know When I Was Younger ... " He Started Going On And On About How He Grew Up Poor , And How It Was Hard Growing Up Black , And How He Had To Work For What We Have Today . I Mean , Yes , It's Meaningful , But Who Wants To Hear This SAME Story Every Other Day ? While I Was Zoning Out I Heard Him Saying Something About Me Going To Stay At Somebody Elses Home .

" Excuse Me ? "

" Its The Last Week Of School , And Starting The First Day of Summer , You'll Be Staying At An Old Friends House ... " I Was Hysterical .

" What ?! No , No , No , No . What About The Cruise "

" You'll Be There All Summer . No Ifs , Ands , Or Buts . "

This Man Is Crazy , I'm Not Going To Spend a Whole Summer w Strangers . Like , This Nigga Really Tripping . He Told Me To Go Pack And Walked Out The Door . I Guess I Had No Choice , I Went Upstairs And Started Packing . I Called My Best Friend Meghan To Tell Her What Was Up ...

[ Time Lapse ]
First Day of Summer

I Was Done Packing And Had My Older Brother Take My Bags Out To The Car . I Was On The Phone w Meghan Complaining About How This Experience Couldn't Get Any Worse , When My Dad Called Me To Leave .

We Were Driving For Almost An Hour Before I Fell Asleep . My Dad Woke Me Up To Tell Me That We Were Here . I Sat Up And Looked Out The Window To Only See Abandoned Houses And Roaming Dogs , I Looked At My Dad w A Worried Look . He Was Really About To Let Me Stay Here w These People !

Pulling Into The Driveway , There Were People Sitting On The Porch , I'm Guessing That Was The Family . My Dad Immediately Got Out The Car To Greet The Family , Me ? Nah , I Sat In The Car Salty As Hell . Looking Around I Saw Little Kids Pointing And Staring At Our Mercedes-Benz Truck Like They've Never Saw A Car Before . Getting Out The Car , I Grabbed My Bags And Walked In Their House .

There Was a Girl Sitting On The Couch . I Was Stunned For Some Reason , She Looked Tall Sitting Down But Was Even Taller Standing Up . She Had To Be At Least 6 Foot Tall , She Was Slim , Too , Like She Played Basketball .

" You're Mariah ? " I Nodded My Head , " I'm Alicia , I Guess You'll Be Here All Summer . You Need Help ? "

" Yeah , Umm .. Yeah " I Was Nervous , Why ? She Grabbed My Bags And Showed Me Where I Was Sleeping , Unfortunately , It Was In Her Room On The Third Floor . It Was Little , Really Little . My Dad Honked The Horn To Tell Me He Was Leaving , I Looked Out The Window And Waved .

" Well , This Is It . Dinner Is At 7 , Curfew Is 10 . Everybody Elses Room Is On The Second Floor . "

" How Many More People Are There ? "

" Just The Ones You Saw Already , Me , My Grandma , And My Little Brother . " She Went And Sat My Bags On The Extra Bed , Then Made Her Way To Hers .

" Where's Your Mom And Dad ? " She Looked Up At Me .

" My Dad Died When I Was 3 , My Mom Is Somewhere On a Drug . I Don't Really Think About Them Too Often And I Would Appreciate It If You Left That Alone . " Well , She Shut That Down Quickly . It Was Already 6:30 , So I Decided To Put Off Unpacking Until Tomorrow .

We Both Went Downstairs So I Could Introduce Myself To Her Brother And Grandma . Her Grandma Was Already Cooking And Asked Us To Help Darius , Her Little Brother , Set The Table . I Giggled .

" What's Funny ? " Darius Asked .

" Well , You're Setting The Table Wrong For Starters . " They Both Looked Confused About How . " The Fork Always Goes On The Left Side , Not The Right . "

" See , That's The Shit Only Rich Kids Know . Who Says That ? " They Both Thought It Was Funny . I Didn't Understand The Joke .

" Leave That Girl Alone . " Their Grandmother Said While Walking In The Dining Room w Plates of Food . " My Name Is Ms. Pat If You Were Wondering . "

" Hi , Ms.Pat , It's a Pleasure To Meet You . "

" It's a Pleasure . " Darius Said Mockingly .

" Darius , Stop It . " She Said Sitting Down At The Table . Alicia's Phone Rang And She Sprung Up From The Table .

" Ooh , Its Ashley . Grandma , I'll Be Back . "

" But You Havent Ate Yet . "

" I'll Get Something On The Way Home . " She Declared Walking Out The Front Door .

" Who's Ashley ? " I Said Looking Back And Forth From Darius To Ms.Pat .

" One Of Those Little Females Alicia Likes To Entertain . She's Gay , Ya Know . " She Said Eating Her Food . I Looked Down And Started To Pick At My Plate , It Seemed Skeptical Until I Actually Tried It .

" So That's Her Girlfriend ? " I Asked .

Darius Interfered w A Mouth Full of Food . " No , She Doesn't Have a Girlfriend , Not That We Know Of . She Has Hoes . " He Snickered Once Again .

" Boy ! Watch Your Mouth . " I Actually Giggled a Little Myself . I Kinda Figured She Was , I Just Didn't Want To Ask And Be Wrong . I Mean , For God's Sake , She Looked It . The Table Was Quiet .

After Dinner , I Offered To Help Ms.Pat Do The Dishes . She Told Me It Was Okay And That I Should Go Unpack . I Made My Way Upstairs And Began To Unpack . Not Too Long Later , Alicia Came In . She Looked And Was Moving Slow .

" Are You Okay ? " I Asked , Concerned .

" Yeah , I'm Chilling . " She Plopped On The Bed , Fully Clothed , And Tucked Herself Under The Cover .

" Are You Sure ? You Smell Like Weed And Look High . " She Got Up And Walked Toward Me .

" Yes , I'm High As Shit Right Now , Buut I'm Gonna Nred You To Keep This Between You And I . Cool ? Cool . " She Grabbed My Face And Was About To Peck My Lips But I Pulled Away .

" I'm Not Gay . " She Looked At Me w Disbelief And Went And Laid Back Down .

Oddly , I Wanted Her To Kiss Me , But I Had Just Met This Girl Today , I'm Not Gay ! And Even If I Had Given Being Gay a Chance , She Seemed Like The Player Type . It Was About 9 O'Clock And Alicia Was Knocked Out , But I Couldn't Sleep For Some Reason , I Was Thinking About That Kiss . It Was Frustrating Because I'm Not Gay , I've Never Looked At Another Girl Like That Before . But I Wanted Her To Kiss Me . I Don't Know , It Was All Confusing , So I Decided To Sleep .

Yes , The is Chapter Was Short But There's More To Come w Mariah And Alicia . You'll Learn More About Each Character As The Story Goes On . Vote , Comment , Tell Your Friends About It . Please And Thanks .