Chapter 7: Terrible news!

Julia had a moment in high school where the bullies will swarm her lockers with papers written in horrible penmanship, saying, "One Direction is gay shit! Get your eyes and ears checked you looser" that literally had two o's in the loser. It never bothered her, not until she had to face them directly. She was trying to be tough and wanted to defend her idols from people who made her life miserable in school, so she came up to them face to face. It didn't end well, at least ended with a bleeding lip that surely hurt when she eats. Julia was absent for two days and was just lying down on her bed while listening to 'Live While We're Young'. Then as the music faded, Julia realized she never wanted to go to school again.

The moment when she ran away from Niall reminded her of high school days. Her heart was pumping a million times per second, her tears smoothly tracing its way down to her chin, her feet moving at a fast pace, so fast she thought she can fly for a moment. And flying away can be a better choice than this. At high school, she was terrified of the people who hurt her or might and when she finally had the guts to face them, it'll turn out like this. A broken girl once again whose voice can't be heard and lips shut. Running was her expertise. She ran away from the band, the fandom and now, her happiness, Niall.

So, she ran. Straight to her house she went.

She wasn't the only one who ran, Niall too. He had to because he received a call from Liam after Julia rushed off about their album being leaked and they had to go back to London as soon as possible. Niall hesitated to take a step towards Julia's direction but he needed to go only in one direction, to London. He ran back to the room to his surprise was all cleaned up and their bags done. The boys were just waiting for him in the van that was on the entrance of Boracay.

"Come on Niall! Hurry!" Zayn waved at him.

Panicking, Niall said, "I'm on it! How did it happen?" Liam just shook his head like it is not good and said, "I'll tell when we're at it." Niall hopped on and the closed the doors. Everyone in the band was just as shocked as Niall. And so was Eleanor who was sitting beside Louis.

With a low and soft voice, she said, "I'm sorry to hear that, boys."

Adjusting in his seat, Harry asked, "What now Liam? Did the management called yet?"

"They did and said they have it under control. Someone hacked into our recording system and stole a copy of our unreleased album that set everyone on loose! We lost a lot of grand from the leak. Boys, I think we might have to... I don't know, not continue the world tour?" Liam deeply exhaled.

"NO!" Louis protested. Zayn, Niall and Harry shook their heads in grief in chorus.

"It might have to be done, Lou. Our careers are at risk because THIS album is the highest asset of our job. Losing money means we are going to be short in the production of our world tour. Basically, the foundation of our tour."

Louis gasped. He wasn't accepting this. "How can that be under controlled? We're losing our tour!"

"I don't know! I... I don't know..." Liam bowed his head. And for the rest of the ride, it was silent. But Niall's thoughts weren't because he was just thinking about one girl, Julia.

On his tiny house in Mullingar, he remembered drawing a portrait of a prince and a princess living in a castle under the name of true love. It seemed cheesy now but back then it was Niall's fantasy, a precious dream he hold on to. Until now, he dreamed of being a prince who will search all the land for the fair maiden he will soon marry and live happily ever after. And that "happily ever after" might just remain to be a "once upon a time" now that he is losing hope. He lost a dear friend whom he liked more than he thought he would, Julia. He doesn't even understand how he can be so blind and careless that she can be like any other girl who'll just die to be with them, One Direction. It wasn't even just Niall, it was them as always.

No one loved Niall as he is or truthfully as they say they do. People loved him generally because he is in a famous boyband. Famous. How he hates that word. It took a lot of substance he has as a person when he was labelled as one. It became his whole identity that lured people to believe he is good enough when FAMOUS. Good enough to have an interview with, to be featured in the papers or television and the amount of attention Niall gets was unimaginable. Frustrating and truthfully, suffocating.

For a moment, he saw that portrait in his mind when he looks at Julia. It was like believing in fairytales again because her tough exterior or her beaming fierceness and kindness reflected a true princess. A tiny glass slipper won't cut it or a sleeping spell to get a prince to like you; its how one fights the battle of life with a tough determination while keeping optimism shine through. Niall saw that to Julia, but she ran away from him like Cinderella did on the stroke of midnight. Why? He questioned himself as he gazed the streets of Palawan on their way to the airport.

Louis sat up straight, his eyes wide and said, "WHAT ABOUT JULIA? We-we didn't even say goodbye..."

Niall was about to speak but not a sound came out. He didn't know what to say. We fought, Louis. Not a chance.

"I'm sure she'll understand...I mean, Julia will still be here. We can go back when we're done sorting out this." replied Harry.

"I didn't see her by the shore, though. Where is she?" asked Zayn.

Niall just shrugged. If he tells the truth to the boys, they might just get hurt and the problem focused on is the leaked album, not Julia. But he felt his heart sink from the thought of Julia again. They were leaving her; distance was separating them from each other. She doesn't even know.

Julia knew. She knew that it was better off when she's back in her own sanctuary. Untouched, silenced and alone. It was always like this anyway and it gave her comfort. Going the extra mile and meeting the boys was totally not like her. Forbidden as hell, she fell for them again and Niall especially. Falling for the blonde crystal blue eyes Irish boy was like entering an enchanted forest. It surprised her so much with the magic of his touch, voice, care and love. But like any forest, she got lost by giving him lies.

She regretted it now that she has fallen. Now that she was back to her house, she enveloped herself in the deafening silence.

Her eyes and nose red, she sobbed, "I'm so sorry, Niall..."

When her heart started to believe in love again and with a little act of bravery, she was torn apart. A confession was the hardest thing she had done that cost her to lose her first love.