Lucid nightmares

|From boys to babies|

Chapter 16-Lucid nightmares

Warning: Don't read this if you are in your room, alone, at night and when there is no one around.

Jk. Its not that bad. But that's my warning for ya'll >:)

Alex's POV-3am

Thump

A loud thump jolted me out of my sleep. 

Thump

Mitch whined and stirred a little but didn't wake. A smile met my lips as Scott unconsciously draped his arm around his smaller shoulders in silent comfortance.

Thump

But it was wiped clean in the next second.

A shiver ran down my spine as I heard the sound of footsteps outside my door. The first thing that crept into my mind was that there was an intruder. As I was in charge of two kids, Avi gave me the room on the first floor. Jeremy and Esther had a room on the second floor whist Avi stayed in his bedroom on the third floor.

So basically if there were a serial killer I would be the first one to be targeted.

Then again, it could just be Avi just finding more Lucky Charms to eat to fill his bottomless pit of a stomach.

But I couldn't be too sure. The attack on Jeremy proved that someone was after us.

And the scary thing was that we didn't even know what they knew about us. It had been weeks since he got attacked but the police had yet to find Avi's car or any sort of clue of whom had ambushed the man on that cold December night. Jeremy had gotten a new phone and terminated all his credit cards but we could see in his fearful eyes that he was still traumatized by it.

Pain does change a person.

Wide awake now, I opened the top drawer of the shelf over my head and slipped the swift-blade into my pocket. Making sure my babies were fast asleep, I brought covers closer to their face and pushed the door open quickly closing it behind me.

Stalking along the corridor, I realized that the noises were coning from the kitchen.

"No." A familiar voice rumbled agitatedly and I almost tripped into the wall in shock. I immediately pressed herself against the cold stairway as Jeremy himself came into view. He was holding a slice of bread in a hand and his new IPhone in the other, pressed up to his right ear and he paced the area outside the kitchen in circles.

"That wasn't within the deal that I agreed to."

Who the hell would call at this unholy hour of the morning? Or rather why would Jeremy be up in the first place talking at a three in the morning?!

Jeremy was silent again as he tightened his grip onto his phone and continued pacing the carpet out. His face was twisted in a whirlpool of emotions. Anger, annoyance, frustration... My brows furrowed in question as the man hissed into his phone, hearing something he obviously didn't like and dropped down heavily onto the couch.

I debated on going straight down there and demanding what was wrong. It was eating me from the inside out. Man I really wanted to know what was wrong! But what made me do a double take was the sudden change that was transfixed on Jeremy's face. His anger in his hazel brown illuminating eyes melted away as fast as it came.