Lean on

|From boys to babies|

Chapter 24- Lean on

🔺AISH OH WOULD YOU LOOK at what SuperGirlyGamerGirl drew!
Dude. Literally, Scomiche Rilakuma-Batman destroyed me. Ya'll have so much artistic skill its not even fair lmao! I'm a darn potato compared to you Mich! I love you loads buddy! <3

I know this is up super early but eh.

Are you ready for this chapter?

Well it doesn't matter because based on the votes I got I'll be doing a DOUBLE! xD

Darien's POV- 5.30pm

A bloody traffic jam? At this time?

I huffed and leaned my chin on the steering wheel trying to shove every ounce of my patience to the road ahead. There were at least a good dozen cars infront of mine which were moving at a good 3 meters every ten minutes.

Great.

I'd finished my work exceptionally early so I thought I could come home earlier to spend time with the kids and Esther. But now at this rate the sun will go down before I ever reach home.

Grumbling, I turned up the radio for updates.

'There has been a hit-and-run incident between the junctions of Alpine Drive and South Martel Avenue which is causing congestion on lanes one and two. Please give way to the authoritative vehicles. Police are now looking for eye-witnesses who could give more details. If you have any information please call 991. Thank you...'

My heart softened. No wonder the jam. I was currently in the middle of SM Avenue and in lane one.

I toggled with the radio station as I waited.

'The weather forecast for tomorrow. Light rains and gusty winds heading for LA-'

Nope.

'...Sometimes before it gets better, the darkness gets bigger, the person that you'd take a bullet for is behind the trigger. We're fadin-'

Not in a mood for depressing FOB reality songs either.

With one hand on the steering wheel, I reached to my back pocket to get my phone.

>>6 Miss calls from 'Betsy Essy Koopy <3' >>

Aw shit. I had six miss calls?-

BEEP!

My phone slipped out of my hand and onto the ground and I nearly jumped out of my skin as the car behind pressed thoroughly onto the horn. I pushed the accelerator down to make up for the lost ground covered infront. Heh, looks like the roads were clearing up.

I kicked my phone to the side with my left leg so I could see the front as I received another call from Esther.

Why was she calling me so urgently? Pulling my car to the side of the road where it was slightly away from the madness, I picked the phone up and dialed my wife. Worry eating me whole. Switching off the engine, I left my car and paced outside as the call rang. My eyes combed the crowded mass of cars and the crowd of people currently crowding over at the next street where the accident supposedly was. Biting my lip, I turned away from the chaos.