15

-luke-

fuck. seeing her with cal hurt me, i should've figured she'd be here at the Halloween carnival because its advertised so much. i wanted to go this year, but with her.

i just had to fuck it up though. why did frank talk me into naming him 'side bitch#6'? she now thinks that i'm a player, when in fact... i've only ever had one girlfriend and that was zoe.

she was my everything, but i wasn't enough to be her everything....

oh, frank is my best guy friend since year 9. he and i met because he saw me looking at halo online and searching about the new halo that was going to be released back then. he was just as obsessed about halo as i was, and he still is.

we both instantly connected and became best buds ever since. i helped him through his rough patches when he needed help with girls, and he even cried on my shoulder about one too. he helped me try and talk to more people because i was a shy little shit back then... and it worked. i became less shy and more confident in year 11... and that's when i met zoe. he helped me get her to be my girlfriend and it worked. but when she broke up with me he was there as a shoulder for me to cry on too.

frank is a tall, tanned, black and curly headed boy. he's about the same height as me, so we're pretty tall. he and i played borderlands everyday after school and as well as halo. he taught me so many new things about games, especially in those two. he tried to make me play golf once, but he failed miserably because i am definitely not set out for golf, unlike him. it was like frank had a list, well.. he still kinda does. it goes:

borderlands

the last dinosaurs

halo

me

waffles

then golf...

yeah, he's very serious about golf.

but... fuck him for making me fuck things up with mardi. he just happened to text me right as mardi was in my room alone, asking for me to meet him at glenelg for his golf practice. so then she just read it and didn't give me enough time to explain what the fuck that text was about.... he just had to send kisses and hugs too didn't he?

so now, instead of me... taking mardi out for a date at the Halloween carnival, it's me taking my other best friend teagen. don't get me wrong, i love teagen and all – not in that way – i just wanted to be here with mardi.

when i saw her with cal, it hurt because she was so happy and enjoying herself. i wanted to be a part of that so i simply went up to the both of them. teagen automatically took interest into cal, and i'm not surprised if he took interest into her as well, she does get a lot of male attention.

teagen and i grab some hot dogs and take a seat on a bench near the ride that we've been dying to go on the whole day, but the line was just so long. we hoped to go on it now, thinking that the line would be much shorter... it has gotten shorter, but not as short as we liked it to be.

"who was that guy that mardi was with?" teagen asks me, then taking a bite of her hotdog. she says mardi's name in a weird way, but i brush it off... she's just protective.

"it was her best friend, calum." i tell her simply. she nods, not being able to say anything as she is chewing.

we simultaneously lean our heads back and move our booties down so that our head rests perfectly on the bench back. we stare up at the darkening sky, eating our hotdogs in silence, with the only sound of the children and parents around us, and the weird 'horror' music playing eerily from stalls.

"do you like mardi?" she asks, in a weird tone, turning her head towards me and looking at me expectantly. i turn my head to look at her. her gorgeous hazel eyes twinkling and reflecting the fairly lights all around us.

i ponder the question... well, only for a short time though. it's obvious that i do, i mean, she's the only thing that i've been thinking about since she got mad at me a couple of days ago.

"yeah... yeah i do." i mumble shyly. she gives me a soft smile and takes the last bite of her hotdog.

"she's good for you... unlike zoe." she says quietly. ever since zoe broke me, teags has hated her so much. her and frank we're the only people who were there for me, and they were all there for me as a shoulder for me to cry on.

"she hates me right now." i tell her. she sits up and looks at me questioningly. she tilts her head and raises her eyebrow.

"why??"

"frank made me re-name him on my phone to 'side bitch number six' and when she spent the day at mine, frank sent me a text, asking me to meet him up at glenelg... and he sent kisses and hugs too. so now mardi thinks that i have like... six other side bitches as well and thinks that I'm a player now." i explain to her. she laughs and claps her hands together.

"oh my lord.... typical frank." she says, mid-giggle. i roll my eyes and chuckle with her.

"just great isn't it?" i mutter.

well, look who's last in line for the ride that we want to go on..." she says back. my head shoots up and stares at the line. i immediately stand up and walk towards them, teagen following me from behind.

"oh hey ma-ow! what the fuck was that for man?"

"oh shut-up frank... you made me lose my chance with mardi because of that text you sent me asking to meet up at glenelg for your golf." i say angrily at him. he laughs and then runs his hand through his hair.

"you give shit punches." he mumbles

"oh fuck off."

hue I bet u thought it was gonna be mardi and calummm

hope you enjoyed luke's perspective, now you'll just have to wait 5 more chappies until you get another luke chapter :))))

peace out fuckwings xoxoxox