3

"Dad ?" I said as I walked towards the table. He looked up at me. The waitress had already brought our drinks.

"I'm sorry . It's just that things have been hard and I'm just stressed .." I said sitting down next to my brother.

"I understand . But let's just forget about all of this , and have a good dinner . Okay ?" He said now looking at my brother and I . We nodded our heads.

*******************************************

An hour has passed , after finally getting along. We all were laughing and joking about the past.

"Hey y'all , here's your bill . Have a nice day y'all ." She said with her accent again , and smiled , leaving the table .

My dad got out his credit card , and left a tip . We walked up to the restaurant register , and he payed . Soon , we had left , to go back to our house .

"I had fun tonight guys ." My dad said , glancing at us quickly , then putting his eyes back on the road .

I smiled and nodded , and so did Nathan .

"I just wish that I could .." He didn't finish his sentence . I turned to look at him , but I couldn't . I felt a giant smash , and next thing I knew , we were tumbling . I kept screaming . I couldn't stop . Until , my vision turned black .

*******************************************

My eyes fluttered open , and I jolted myself up .

"Ow , fuck ." I said . I looked around the room . IV , hospital bed , and a nurse .

"Hey honey , you need to lay down ." She said walking towards me .

"What the hell happened ?" I asked .

"You were in a bad car wreck . You hurt  your leg ." She said . I immediately got up again .

"Where's my dad ? And my brother ?!" I asked her getting worried .

"Your dad is in the cafeteria , he's fine . But your brother .. He didn't make it . An 18 wheeler crashed into your car , and you rolled over . The glass went through his head . I'm sorry ." She said sympathetically .

I lay back down , and sighed , letting tears roll down my face .

"Why couldn't it have been me ?" I whispered to myself .

"C-can you go get my dad ? Please ?" I asked her with a trembling voice .

"Sure sweetie ." She says , grabbing a tray and exiting the room . I turned my head , and saw my phone on the little table next to the bed . I grabbed it , and turned it on . I had 3 messages from Justin . I sighed , and looked at them .

Justin : hey .

Justin : hey omg I heard , are you okay?

Justin : Danielle ?

I turned my phone back off and set it aside . I wasn't in the mood to answer anything . I just wanted to talk to my dad . I stared up at the ceiling.

"Honey ." I hear , and look down and I see my dad standing there with a plate full of food . He sets it down , and comes over to me . I start crying .

"I just miss him so much .." I said choking in between words .

"I know me too ." He said . I could hear his breath speeding up , so I knew he was crying too .

"Danielle ? That's you right ?" The nurse asks me .

" y-yes ." I say , getting away from my dads grip.

"That's a beautiful name." She says. I smile kindly at her.

"Thank you .." I said .

Ow . I thought . I had this excruciating pain in my leg . I sat up , and looked at it . It was wrapped up in a small cast as if it was broken . Woah .

I lay back down , and looked at my dad .

"Dad , I-i need some rest .." I said .

"Sure sweetie . I'll be here to check on you soon ." He said , and left . The nurse smiled at me , leaving with him .

I closed my eyes . I replayed everything that had happened .

" God damnit !!" I yelled .

I started crying again . I miss him so fucking much . He was the only one there for me when the rumors about me and Evan started.

I sighed , and finally dried my eyes .

I grabbed my phone and texted Justin , to take my mind off of things.

Me : hey . Sorry , I can't explain everything over text . Call me ?

_______________________________

Hey !! Sorry this is kinda short , a lot of you have been messaging me and commenting to update , so I wanted to . I love you guys !!!

Q : Who's your favorite singer/band ?

A : Panic! At The Disco . 😍

You guys can answer in the comments if you'd like . We can compare our bands and stuff . XD

- Melissa

Also , people have been correcting me , on MY story . (They've been deleted .)

But please don't do that . I understand there are mistakes . Also , if you're going to correct me , either leave , or write your own story . I don't need an answer to a question nobody asked :)