Into this Unknown Path, I Go!

Wicca has changed my life. (That is how I am going to start this second chapter.). You might say, "You're sixteen, what life did you possibly have before? You didn't even get to ACTUALLY live your life." I know, but with this transition, It changes my future completely. It changes how I now perceive and understand things. 

                          I have actively started on August 3, 2014, the last day of Lammastide, which is a Wiccan Sabbat of harvest, and shows reverence to the Corn God, Lughnasadh. I actively celebrated (as best as I could.) by going to a annual festival that accepted all types of religions. From that point on, I wanted to make it a goal to try to celebrate the Wiccan Wheel of the Year, all 8 Sabbats. 

                          Wicca, honestly hit me hard. As gentle as I took it, I on purposely crammed information into my head, like a brute. It was that amazing and it intrigued me so much! I learned a lot like the Threefold Law and The Wiccan Rede. I had also learned common Wiccan misinformation such as "There is Light Magick and Dark Magick. White Witches, and Black Witches.", soon only to learn that type of information is archaic, and magick is not a color, but a natural force. Nature is both loving and cruel, so magick too is both loving and cruel. 

                        Of course, I couldn't get books and actually learn from expert Wiccan authors like Scott Cunningham or Zsuzsanna Budapest. My mother would most likely light a bonfire and burn it all. As much as I clash heads with her all the time, she can't seem to accept the fact, I am going to learn Wicca, whether you lock me in a Church or confiscate all my electronics just to keep me from learning on the Internet. I'll find some way. Heck, I have even tried telling her about Wicca, and Paganism as a whole, but she wouldn't budge. Such a stubborn woman, but she is truly the embodiment of old school who 100% sticks to her guns. 

"You know what I always say?"

"What do you always say, mom?"

"Stick to Catholicism." 

"Sure, Mom. Whatever."

                          Now, I am on this path. This weird crazy path. The first thing I did was make sure I wasn't related to any Wiccans. To be fairly honest, I hoped that In some way I was related to a Witch, a Pagan, someone so I could contact them and hopefully they could become my mentor, or give me guidance or books, or some scrap of advice. Turns out, no one so far was Wiccan. The closest I am to Witches is that my godmother (who I am VERY close to.) is related to multiple Wiccans who are mostly British and Irish. (She is my cousin, but her mother's side is related to Wiccans, and I am not related to her mother. Damnit!). 

                           My family is not one for passing down traditions or family stories so me trying to figure out if ANYONE was Pagan at all, it would be impossible. All I know is that I am third generation American born. My father's side is from Italy, and my mom's side is from Russia, Germany, and Hungary. (We also have this running gag that came from my mom's side, that I am actually a descendant from Genghis Khan, a Mongolian pillager, but who knows. It's a running gag because I have no idea if it is true or not.). 

                          At first, I thought to be a Wiccan you had to be either related to one, or of Irish/British/Scottish descent. I am not Irish, Scottish, British, in anyway, so I was quite disappointed, until I found loads of people, from many cultures, all who practice Wicca. 

How the heck did I do that, you say?

 I did say I wanted to learn (and learn correctly), so I went on social media and befriended 300 Wiccan people, all from different cultures. I literally started a blog, where I would post Wiccan related pictures, and Wiccans in turn followed me back. I would see posts from adults who practice Wicca. They'd post pictures of their altars, and I would get by with posting about my tiny makeshift crafts, and some hauls of incense and healing crystals from healing stores.  

                           As amazing as it sounds, I did this all within the darkness of my Broom Closet. I can surely tell you, as I am writing this, I am STILL in that Broom Closet. (It is very roomy in here. It's comfy and cozy! Don't knock it until you try it!)

                           Speaking of comfort, I wasn't really a girl with the ability to make friends at the drop of a hat. Children these days are really cruel and hurtful, so finding someone like me is one heck of a task. I have found a few throughout the course of this experience, and I must say I found comfort and guidance within them all.  Truly, Wicca has some sort of spell on me. A spell that cannot be binded. A spell that can not go away. A spell that has everlasting effects on me. It made me social, and is making me into a wise woman.