Chapter 7 "There is not much to say"

Adalyn had parked in front of a small wide brick building. She stepped out and was about to race to the front door until she heard Jackie moaning and struggling to take her foot out of the car. Adalyn trotted to Jackie and helped her out of the car. Adalyn was practically carrying her. Finally Jackie was out of the car standing and inhaling the cold air. Then she glanced at Adalyn, "Your eyes aren't glowing anymore." She noted then frowned. Adalyn moved out of the way when she noticed Jackie was green around the gills. Jackie, as expected, puked the alcohol out of her. Adalyn held her hair knowing it was short; however, she felt the need to do it anyway. Adalyn peered down at Jackie and said, "Almost done?" Jackie in response hurled again. Adalyn was eager to see her mother but Jackie was not in a right state to be left alone yet. Adalyn suggested, "There's a washroom in the police station. We should go there. Jackie?" Jackie stood up looking retched though she nodded in agreement. She had one arm over Adalyn and the other taped to her mouth. Jackie would trip at least twice every five steps they took. As they entered through the glass doors, instantly they felt warmth surround them. The light shined bright in their eyes and the smell reeked of donuts and coffee. It was enjoyable to just sit on one of the chairs and read a book in there. Unfortunately, if you have no good reason to be there, they'd probably kick them out. "I should come here more often." Jackie spoke to herself. Adalyn treaded to their right, where the restrooms were. Adalyn let go of Jackie little by little once they reached the women's restroom.

"Here go in the restroom," Adalyn left Jackie inside where the stalls were. She checked the message she had just received from Vincent, "Jackie, Vince is right outside to take you to my place okay?"

Jackie mentioned, "I need someone to hold my hair." 

"Your hair's short. You'll be fine" Lyn pointed out. She opened the door to one of the bathroom's stalls. 

"I don't want to get vomit on it." Jackie faced her with a nauseating face.

"You won't get vomit on it." Adalyn assured her.

"I'm gonna get vomit on it."

"No you won't."

"I'm gonna get vomit on it." Jackie complained.

"Fine." Adalyn snatched Jackie's purse and searched for her clips. She took them out and placed them on Jackie's head removing her hair from her face. "There." Adalyn returned Jackie's purse.

Jackie slapped Adalyn's cheek gently, "Thank you." She said still a bit dazed. 

"Your welcome. I'll be right back, okay?" Adalyn said. Jackie walked sideways, holding herself up with the stall's walls. She swung her arm up and down, shooing Adalyn. "I'm fine."

"Okay." Adalyn uttered. She dashed out of the washroom to the front desk. The secretary stood up when she saw Adalyn run towards her. "Can I help you?" She asked. 

"Veronica Scott, she's my mom. You're interrogating her." Adalyn said quickly and urgently. "They're over there." The secretary said, pointing to her left. Adalyn followed her hand and gazed down a hallway. "Thank you." Adalyn said as she paced rapidly down the corridor. Many offices were on her left and right. Some were occupied, others were not. The one at the end of the hallway was where Veronica was kept. Adalyn immediately sought out her brother and pursued to him. "Evan." She called out. Evan twirled to find Adalyn pacing rapidly towards him. "What happened? Why did they take Mom?" She asked impatiently. Her father was staring at the non-transparent or audible glass. All you could see were color smudges proving that they're there but at the same time you couldn't see what was happening. Christopher, her father, tried to listen to what they were saying though he couldn't. Evan walked to Adalyn, "There's nothing to be concerned about. All they want to know about is her cooperation in the project before it was stolen." He announced.