Getting Out

Thela Osborn

"Agh" I groaned as a laser shot caught me on the left arm leaving a sizzling wound on my skin.

I was supposed to be running with eight more team members, but all I could see were tent wrecks, people running around, and everything else except my teammates.

I was able to retrieve a python kinetic burst rifle while running but I dropped it because of the class D evo that was currently chasing me. Even though I couldn't understand what it was saying, I was able to tell that it was really pissed off.

'Well, that's what you get when you mess with the fastest person in this company.' I thought to myself as I grinned and almost tripped over a rock. A STUPID ROCK.

Well of course, that gave the evo to go full speed and tackle me while I had slowed down a little because of the excruciating pain in my smallest toe.

We went down to the ground with a loud thud. The evo immediately summoned a rune blade to stab on to me. 

See, this is the reason us humans lost in the first place, because the evo could summon any type of weapon out of FREAKING NOTHING.

Boy, if I had one of those, I would just raise my hand and SHAZAM!!!! I already have a hundred pancakes for breakfast. Then I just had to wake up from my trance and go back to the cruel reality.

I struggled as I tried to stop it from stabbing me. I was getting desperate since the blade was only inches away. Then brain matter and dark violet liquid were everywhere as the head of the evo was blown off by a gun.

I looked to my side and saw the guy who confessed to me not a few days ago leading a twenty man platoon behind him. What was that guy's name? Sven?

MeanwhiIe, i just stared at them and they stared at me. 

What? You cant blame me, I almost got stabbed to death by an alien life form that wanted to kill me.

"Are you coming or what? Want to get chased by an evo again?" A soldier from behind him said as he looked around for signs of evo.

"Oh, yeah sure...." I said as I started to walk to them.

Sven Advenka

"CLEAR! MOVE IT PEOPLE!" I screamed as we moved to the building a block away. The west side of camp was eerily silent.

"Why is this side of camp so desolate?" I heard one of my teammates say before being shushed by Thela and getting smacked on the head.

'Well, that's Thela for you.' I smiled inwardly to myself. Thela had a habit of smacking people on the back of their heads when they were annoying or were in the way. It had been twenty minutes since we rescued Thela. 

She was a bit stingy and aggresive at first but she finally calmed down.

"Weren't you still one of the cadets? Not a captain?" She asked as we walked silently. "Our leader stayed behind to help her fiance in holding the line. She ended up giving me her place" I explained.

Here in our military, if you are a commanding officer, one can only take your place if you died in battle and the higher ups reassigned a new guy on your place or if you give your position to another colleague. However,you can only give it to someone if you think you are not up to the position or if you knew you were already going to die

As we neared our destination, we smelled the horrifying smell of rotting flesh. Then that's when class Z evo started their assault.

Screams from my teammates were heard as the evo cut them down. Class Z evo are not to be messed with unlike the class A and class T evo, it is a lot smaller and can turn invisible. They are the most skilled fighters of the evo.