Chapter 2 - Scratching The Surface

After seeing the sign that says "Kansas", I began wondering if my aunt met my father after my parents' divorce. I want to ask aunt about it but she always...

Aunt Yen : Not now, Zach! You'll see it when you get there.

Zach : Fine.. I hope that she will remember to tell me about what happened to my father.

I began waiting for the arrival of my aunt's house. Once we arrived at a large house, I got amazed quickly. I only knew that my aunt was living in a condominium or something like that. I guess she won a lottery or maybe has a good job or company.

Aunt Yen : We're here, Zach!

Zach : Wow! This is a nice house, Aunt Yen! How did you get this house though?

Aunt Yen : Oh. My husband is the owner of a great company. Though, I don't know what he does in his company. He doesn't tell much but at least we are happy.

Zach : Sounds nice.

I can already see the lights open while walking to the front door. Once I started opening the door, I can hear someone.

Girl : Guppy! Come here!

Zach : Uhh.. hi?

Girl: Oh, hi? Who are you supposed to be?

Zach : Oh, I'm your cousin, Zach. Well. Cousin-sibling.

Girl : Oh. I heard about you! My name is Rose. Anyways, Papa is not here yet because he is still organizing his papers.

Zach : Wait. Is that a cat?

Rose : Oh. It's Guppy. Mom gave it to me after her visit from your family.

Zach : Yeah. About that. I thought that Guppy was dead because he was gone for a lot of months. When I found the cellar below my room, I saw a head of my dead cat. Hence, Guppy.

Rose : Oh. Maybe it was just a toy or something.

Rose doesn't see what I saw back at my old house. It was just a box. Full of cat and dog fur. Lots of blood. More blood.

Aunt Yen : Zach! Come here for a second.

Zach : Okay Aunt Yen! I'm coming! I'll see you later, Rose?

Rose : Yeah sure. I'll just play with Guppy.

I rushed to Aunt Yen when she request my presence. Once I enter the room, she was on the computer, being in a school website.

Aunt Yen : Zach? You are going in the same school as Rose. Is that okay?

Zach : I guess. I just missed a lot of people back in my hometown. I mean, like all the memories I have with them.

Aunt Yen : Well, I guess you would meet new friends in your new school. Of course, you will start tomorrow.

Zach : Sure, Aunt Yen. It's okay if I have to go to school tomorrow.

Aunt Yen : Okay, you can rest if you want.

She went back typing all of my information and I started placing all of my stuff in Rose's room. At least her bedroom has 2 beds rather than having one so I can have one side of the room and she gets one side of the room. I began unpacking all of the stuff that my aunt was able to save from the fire. It was a miracle she was able to save my journal and a picture of my family. Well, used to be a family before all of the accidents. I still have doubts and blaming myself for everything that happened. I ended the night for now.

November 13, 1989

Rose's alarm clock woke me up. It was really loud and now my head hurts from the alarm clock. So I quickly ran to the bathroom to find out, my eyes are starting to bleed slowly. I started all the tissue paper and I once I wiped my face, the blood was not there. It was just an illusion I experienced after the incident. I went downstairs to see the my Aunt Yen prepared my things for school.