Chapter 3

Dedicated to akirasimone-san

The moment Alex left, i started wondering if i should do what she wants, or even worse call her to apologize. But then i realized that doing what i was told was totally not me.

So i decided to do a spell to ensure that no one would be able to see me at the party.
The place was already swarming with rich men and women from other states. If i had just given her the pills i could be here right now, on her arm like candy, probably, but at least i would be able to drool and hold onto her. I would be listening to her jokes or listen to her talk about business with the other rich people , but look at me now.

I paused next to the buffet table while looking around the room. Why did i care about what happened? Why did i want to hang onto her? She was just a job. And the job was terrible. Find the hot lady her mate even though i had a crush on her.

Already. So pathetic.

I'm not even a wolf. Pfft.

That's why i had behaved like a new witch and tried to take away her headache magically. I had wanted to impress her or touch. And see how our energies combined.

F**k.

I saw Alex across the room talking to an elderly couple, champagne glass in hand. I meandered over, listening in on the conversation, "They think they're only going to be giving a few percent yield but their last projects have had a return of over 20%. We'd be stupid not to invest in it.

Voice sexy, words boring.

Then the couple walked away and Alex set off, cutting through the people to the other side of the room where his mom and a lady with a handsome face stood chatting.

I followed her, feeling a bit let down when she stopped before them.

I'd thought something exciting was going to happen, like I could follow her into the washroom or something.

"She's here."

Her mother's eyes widened ,

"You're sure?" She began looking around the room, almost frantically.

"Who?" The other lady asked

"My mate. I'm positive."

My heart started pounding and my palms started to sweat . Btw, those are two things that mess with magic. Excitement and fear can really mess with a spell.

I decided to get out of there fast, worried my magic would fail and I'd be caught with my glamor down.

As it was, I could deny it tomorrow. Sure, she thought I was here, but she couldn't actually see me. I'd just tell her I had stayed in the room like a docile dachshund.

I followed a handsome man out the door and turned to the right, going back to my hotel feeling unaccountably bereft. She'd been really irritated that I was there. I feared that maybe I should just quit now and go back to New York.

*********************

Leeonidas pov

"Alex , are you sure you can smell or sense her?" I asked my best friend.

We kept walking among the guest hoping to find her mate. " For the nth time, i can f**king feel her okay."

We've been searching the whole hall for the past hour and still no result. I am starting to be frustrated. I really need a smoke now.

"Leeon."

"What."

"I can't feel her anymore. Its like she's gone."

"But how?"

"I don't know."

"Do you know something, i am going out for a smoke. But before i leave, do you see that lady in red beside the statue over there?"

"Yes. Why?"

"She's been eyeing you for the past hour now. Why don't you go over and say hi. Maybe she can help you release some tension."

"I'm not tensed Leeon. I just want to find my mate."

"Where is the witch you hired for that? I didn't see her around."

"She's at the hotel."

"Why?"

"Its a long story but lets just leave it for another time."

"Okay,Alpha. I will go for a smoke and you Mr Alpha will go and talk to that lady there."

I left before she could argue again.

End of chap. 3

Happy vals day people and thanks for reading. Don't forget to please vote.