Family

Mercedes POV

"So are you ready?" Andre asks sitting down on the pile of shoe boxes because this old man requested a sneaker that hasn't been in stock yet so Andre is in the back room, talking to me pretending to look for it.

It's been two days since the baby shower.

"Yeah I am it's kinda hard you know, what if you had a wife that you love and you have to put a restraining order on her." I tell him hoping he gets it

"No it wouldn't be hard, if she's a psycho abusive bitch I would've done more than restrain her!" He half shouts "Listen I know it's complicated right now but you need to do this alright him being controlling, and hitting you like that" he whispers

I sigh standing up. Finish with fixing the pile of shoes. "I know"

"Good, because I couldn't stand that boy in highschool." He huffs "He fought me twice!" I chuckle "yeah he beat you up"

"Umm I whooped ass Mercedes ok he only got me once."

"Yeah sure" I laugh

Next thing I know I'm being pushed into the shelf of boxes. "Andre what the f-?" And he kisses me his slightly chapped lips connect with mine. And I stand there eyes wide open while his is closed. I realize what I'm doing and I harshly push him away. Slapping him after.

"I'm sorry I just...I don't know I'm sorry" he looks down.

"I'm still married to Harry he's my husband I still have feelings for him, for gods sake he's the only boy I had relations with since 9th grade!" I walk away from him

"WHY CAN'T YOU FUCKING GET IT THAT HE IS BAD FOR YOU!" He screams behind me "You don't know what he sent me!"

"Everything alright?" a girl worker here asks. I totally forget her name, but what is he talking about who sent what?. "Yeah everything's fine" Andre leaves the back room she looks at me glaring and walks away following him "Andre! Wait" she runs behind him. Oh yeah she likes him

I sigh. Which seems to be all that I'm doing lately. I take the time to think about where exactly I'm staying. Maybe I'll give my brother a call. I still need to think about how I'm going to get my clothes out the house. I should've token the time to think about all this

Eventually my shift is over and I'm saying goodbye to Robert and the rest of the staff avoiding Andre's gaze. When I walk out the store I head to the bus stop.

"Mercedes!" I whip around to see Harry in his sweats and hair in a loose bun. With a pullover sweater and ray bans. Why isn't he at work?

"Harry what are you doing here?"

"I came to pick you up, I got let off early come on"

He takes my hand in his intertwining our fingers as we walk to the car. "Mercedes!" Andre yells behind me. I look in the direction of the store "Yea?" Harry squeezes my hand tightly in his whispering in my ear to keep walking but I don't listen.

"Tomorrow alright" he nods at me and I do the same "of course"

He walks back in. Harry buckles me in and before he asks about it, I tell him that it's just work related. He leaves it alone, thankfully. When we reach the house Harry tells me he has to run some errands and that to lock the door and not to wait up for him. He kisses me on the forehead. "I love you!" he yells out the window. I just keep walking but Harry screams for me "I said that I love you!" his voice is hard. I turn to face him to see his face out of the car window.