The letter

Mercedes

"So your not gonna tell me what the hell went down in there?" Andre questions as we step inside the house. I shake my head walking to my bedroom. He stops me by placing a hand on my arm, "Mercedes please, just... Are you ok?" He looks concerned.

I can't have any one being in my own business anymore, It's my fault I decided to date someone like harry anyways. I started it, so I have to finish it. "I'm fine" I dismiss continuing to my room. He doesn't call after me so I guess he decided to leave it alone. When I reach my room I lock the door going straight to my closet. I dig under the piles of clothes and pick up the lock chest.

Opening it I find the first paper. I've received from Harry. I let out a sigh, tracing my thumb over the prison stamp. Opening it I take in a deep breath,

"Mercedes what are you-?" Andre says before ripping the paper it of my hands and crumbling it up in his. I thought I locked the door.

"Give it back." I say sternly "No! What are you doing?! I'm not gonna let you open this letter alright. You told Harry what you wanted to tell him and so it's over you don't owe him anything."

"If I open that letter than it will all be over. He said so himself."

"Oh yeah?" He questions

"Yeah" I retort

"So why is this blank?" He unfolds the paper showing it to me. The crumbled paper is blank. "What?"

"He's playing you Mercedes. He takes you for a joke." Andre sighs "And your just playing along." He shake his head

Why is it blank? I did what he asked, right?

"I need to see him again." I say picking myself up and pushing past Andre. "Alright fine but I'm coming in with you this time."

---------------

"Harry Styles" the officer says when he sees Andre and I walk in. "Table as well" the officer continues

"No! Umm no table." Andre rushes in the officer nods and sends on to wait where we are. Then he receives a call on his radio, "Alright just walk to the phone booths."

Nodding we do as he says "There's only one chair?" I question the officer and he nods. "Just pull up a chair." He tells me

Andre insist on talking to Harry first. That's completely fine with me. There's no way he can hurt me when there's a wall between us right?

"Here he comes." Andre announces. He doesn't have chains on. He has a big toothy grin on his face. That is until he sees Andre holding the phone and me sitting right next to him.

His face is hard as he harshly picks up the phone. "We need to talk." Andre says through the phone

Harry just continues staring at me. Until he speaks but I can't here what he says. Andre rolls his eyes. "She doesn't want to talk to you, I'm here to talk to you." Andre tells him

Harry looks angry as he says something back to him this time slamming his hand down on the table.

"What is he saying?" I question. "He says he won't listen to what I have to say."

"He told me to put you on the phone."

I turn to look back at Harry and he just stares. Taking matters into my own hands I take the phone from Andre and put it to my ear.

"The paper has nothing on it Harry. Do you take me for a joke?"

"What are you talking about Mercedes?" Harry sighs

"The paper." I say

"It's blank the first paper you-"

"That's the problem babe. I told you to look at the most recent package." He shrugs

"Oh well I only used that so I can get to see you again." He has a dimpled smile

"Yeah well it's your last time anyway." I shrug. He laughs "Yeah ok." He rolls his eyes

"Your gonna come back to me like you always do."

Those words hit me hard. Like you always do. I do always come back to him.

I decide to ignore his words though. I won't go back to you this time Harry, I won't.

"When you get out I will be notified. The restraining order is back on and I will also be under police protection 24/7" I tell Harry. Maybe he'll be scared and decide to back off.

"Fucking police protection." He growls "Who the hell do you think you are huh Mercedes? You think cause you have your fucking friend and a few police guys you can just immediately get rid of me." He shakes his head giving off a bitter laugh

"Think again." He slams the phone down. And harshly pushes back his chair. "I'm finished here" he tells the guard and he nods

"Lover boy!" Harry shouts as the guard pushes him away. Andres head turns towards Harry's face. "When I get out I'm fucking killing you! She's my girl!" He shouts as the guard finally pushes him through the door.

"You did the right thing." Andre says placing a hand on my shoulder

"I know." I say putting my hand on top of his. "I know"