Saving lives

Finn POV:

The rogues circled, and taunted me as they bared their teeth. if they were any closer, I bet I could feel their nails rake on my scales.

The waters were now churning within the storm that was brewing. The current under the sea drags my back thankfully, but also almost slams me into the sector walls. I am trapped with a delicious little girl in my grasp. She is passed out, but also dying slowly.

"child, why do you try and save the red bloods?" one rogue sneers. She points to the girl, but I tighten my fingers around her shirt.

"this has nothing to do with you wench! Leave and whither in the black depths of your realm!" I say back, surprising myself and the others with my confidence.

I feel a cold shiver run through me as they gaze at me with disgust. Again, I toughen my grasp. Then do something I never would have thought to do.

As the waves get bigger and bigger, they crash in all directions. I swim up to the sneering rogue, taunting her myself. But before she could do anything, I once again swam at the wall and jumped over.

But this time with haste.

The girl was dumped back onto her side, but sadly I followed. My tail slammed into the rocks and my dark blood was running.

I tumbled and sank to the bottom, slowly loosing blood and consciousness. But before I could, I saw the girl getting help.

Instead of feeling sorrow and disappointment in not taking her for myself, I felt relieved. She was finally safe.

At that moment, darkness fell over me, And I greeted it with open arms.

[hours later!!]

I wake up with numbing pain all over my body.

The storm settled and everything was calm. Until I thought about the earlier events. My heart was gnarled because of the thought of i couldn't get home.

Guess this just wasn't my lucky day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry, little short but I was to excited :3 I'm going off to camp this week so I can't update, but I promise I will when I get back :) hope you guys are enjoying this and everything else! Happy belated 4th everyone by the way haha :)

-anonymous