Chapter 8

After deciding that I needed to clear my head I was heading to go and see how Ellie was getting on with her new found mate, hoping it to be better then I am.

I can already feel the energy and happiness of the pack improving and feel that the new alpha and beta male will have a lot to do with it. In one day we have secured a future for our pack that previously was only hoped for.

Arriving at the living quarters designed for the new beta couple I knocked, assuming Ellie and James have already moved in.

"One second"

Ellie yelled from the other side of the door before it swiftly was thrown open in a flurry

"Looks like your still unpacking, want some help?"

The room was completely tidy and decorated on one half and the other was a compleat disarray of boxes and furniture.

"Please! Your so much faster at this stuff then me, and James has gone to arrange the transferring his of details and belonging with Dad."

I laughed slightly at the frantic hope in her eyes and walked in, closing the door behind me and setting to work. I knew exactly how she was setting up her room, we'd been through it many times planning it out, but she hadent wanted to do it until meeting her mate, in case he hated it, whereas if already done the big furnishings in mine, hoping the Alpha would accept however I wanted it. Luckily Louka actually didn't mind however I had the house, quite happy it was already done, I think.

"So how is I going with you and James? You seemed quite smitten last time I saw you? It's weird with Louka, he's not at all what I imagined in a mate. But he's perfect for the pack so I have that to hold onto."

If I just keep speaking positively then I'll believe it...

"Ayla! He's wonderful! He's so attractive and laid back, but all this stuff is coming to naturally to him, he defiantly has a beta male wolf, he's far to dominate for a gamma, it's so meant to be! I can't believe it, it's all coming to naturally, I feel like I've known him all my life, like he's my best friend? Second to you of course."

"Good save."

I laughed slightly at her blabbering but it made me happy, she's happy, that's good for me, and the pack.

"I'm so glad Ellie, you too look great together, you'll have very pretty babies."

I could see her smile, I feel she may be mated and expecting sooner then me.

"We will won't we..."

I could see she was zoning out of the conversation and probably planning her future pup names... Better get this back on track.

"Earth to Ellie!"

"Sorry sorry. Help me move this couch please?"

I nodded and we got to work, chatting randomly about future pup names and nonsense while we did.

When we finished I said my goodbyes, James still wasn't back but he would be soon probably, and I wanted to get back and see what my mate was doing...

I passed James on the way back and said hello goodbye while walking.

Walking on the door I could hear footsteps and growling.

"Hello?"

I yelled out into the house, what is he doing.... It must be Louka.

After I yelled I heard footsteps coming down the stairs.

"Finally, where have you been for so long?!"

Louka growled out to me.

"I've been visiting Ellie and helping her set up where she lives, why what's wrong? Why are you annoyed?"

"You left, without asking."

What? What is going on, this is my pack!

"I don't need permission! Can you hear yourself?"

"Not permission, I didn't know where you were, I don't know this pack, I don't know where you'd go to, you left me here."

"Oh... I guess I should have made sure you were okay before I left, sorry, that wasn't very Luna appropriate."

I'm new to having a mate, I guess it's not just him that isn't doing what is expect, I'm probably not what he was expecting either.
He grumbled slightly but just pulled me into his arms... What. It felt nice, it was making me feel less failed in as a mate, but I don't get why he's doing it.

"Not that this isn't nice, but why?"

"You looked sad, you hold your mate when she's sad, ask after she starts to feel better."

I felt my heart stutter and in that moment I had hope for this, that was a perfect answer.

"Louka; your not what I was expecting in a mate, but give me some time to adjust and to think we'll be okay."