Chapter 2

With sad and worried eyes, Niall watched the door close. He sighed and slowly began to drive down the street, out of Bree’s neighborhood. He drove around with no goal for half an hour, different thoughts crashing through his head, one scarier and worrying than another.

Soon he found himself outside Pete’s, a restaurant he used to go to at nights when he couldn’t sleep, or just had too much to think about. Niall was well known by the workers, and they greeted him like an old friend when he walked inside and sat down at his usual table, a small one you easily looked past.

“Hi Niall. The usual?” One of the waitresses, named Eliza, smiled brightly.

“Oh, hi. Didn’t see you coming.” Niall sighed.

“Something wrong?” Eliza asked.

“No.. not really. I’m just… overreacting I guess. And yes, please, the usual.” He gave Eliza a calming smile and she mirrored it as she turned around to get Niall his English tea and chocolate muffin with pieces of chocolate baked inside. It was what he always ate when he came there at nights.

*So, what am I supposed to do now?* he thought to himself, grabbed his phone and began to look through the contacts. He hesitated at one name, but quickly scrolled past it. No, that guy was way too dangerous. Or wait… Was he?

 “Here you are. Sure you’re okay?” Niall jumped, Eliza once again took him by surprise.

“Oh, thanks. And yeah, I am. I think. It’s okay.”

“You can always talk to me you know.” Eliza smiled and sat down at the chair next to him. She was a very pretty girl, short and thin with pale skin and almost black hair. Her eyes were light green, and she looked nice. She looked trustable. Maybe that was why Niall told her everything.

“You know what you should do? Call that dangerous friend of yours. He sounds scary, could probably talk some sense into Lucas.” Eliza said, two cupcakes and three cups of tea later.

Niall nodded. “I suppose I can try to call him.”

“And I want to come when he beats the shit out of Lucas. He’s an asshole.” she said firmly, with a voice that didn’t tolerate a ‘no’. Weird how such a small person could come up with such a strong and determining voice. Niall was so surprised by the tone he opened his mouth, but no sound could be heard.

“Now go call him.” Eliza smirked and handed him his phone. Niall just nodded, hesitating for a moment before he decided to make the phone call.

It was far beyond closing time, and Eliza was the last worker left, when the door opened. They turned their heads in the direction of the sound. And there he was. He was average height, quite muscular and covered in tattoos and a few piercings. He was that kind of guy you didn’t want to meet all alone in a dark alley. His black hair was in a quiff and he held a cigarette in his hand, which he slowly put out in the nearest ashtray. He had that ‘I’m sexy and I know it’-kind of walk, probably to show he was no one to mess with. Niall could hear Eliza quietly catch her breath as she stared at the guy.

“I brought some friends, hope you don’t mind.” His voice was dark, raspy after years of smoking. Scary.

Niall shook his head, a little too fast. He didn’t want to admit this guy scared the hell out of him. Eliza, on her side, wasn’t scared at all. She seemed fascinated and couldn’t take her eyes off him.

Then the door opened again and two other guys entered the closed restaurant. The first one was extremely tall, way taller than Lucas. His curly hair was all over the place and he had the same way of walking as the first guy, only slower.

“Hello there.” he said, very slow. As the first guy, he also had lots of tattoos, and an ear piercing.

The last guy was small, he walked fast and looked around with a suspicious gaze. He nodded at us. He wasn’t without tattoos he either. Niall wondered if it was a thing, to get as many tattoos as possible. He and Eliza stood up and walked towards the three guys. The tallest one smirked.

“Hello sexy.” the first guy said to Eliza.

“I’m Zayn. This is Harry and Louis. What’s the problem, man?”