Chapter 4

“Lucas. I mean it. Stop.” Bree cried, hiding her face in her hands. Lucas was bent over her, his fist raised.

“You told him. He knows.” Lucas spat out, angrily grabbing Bree’s chin and made her look at him. “You fucking bitch, I knew you couldn’t hold it in! I’m going to fucking kill him.”

“Please, don’t! I love you… Don’t hurt him. He means nothing to me. Nothing.” she lied, not being able to look at him. She closed her eyes as he tried to force her to do it. His fingers pressed harder around her wrist, which began to bruise already.

“I love you too, babe. And you know I’m only doing this because I have to. I need to.” Lucas said softly, striking some hair from Bree’s face. She shook of crying, but tried to keep the tears from falling. “I just don’t like the thought of sharing you. You’re just too…” he paused and she opened her eyes. “precious.” he whispered as his lips were gently pressed against her. “And  the only way to keep you from leaving is scaring you, that’s what I need to do.” Lucas said simply.

“I know. I won’t leave. Just don’t- don’t hurt me, please.” Bree dried the tears from her cheeks and looked up at her boyfriend.

“I won’t hurt you if you promise he’s nothing to you.”

“I promise.”

“Swear on your life.”

“I swear on my life.”

“Good. I love you babe, now go take a shower. I’ll pick you up at 6, we’re having dinner.” Lucas took a step closer to Bree, who fought the desire to back away from him. “Wear something sexy for me.” he mumbled in her ear and left the room with a smile.

When he was gone, Bree sank down on the floor, shaking. She couldn’t leave. Not now, not ever. He was going to kill her.

Kill him.

Kill Niall.

She couldn’t let that happen, and if the only way to prevent that was to stay with Lucas, that was what she had to do.

There was no choice.

*later that night*

Niall: You okay?

The text made the screen lit up the dark room and Bree grabbed it.

Bree: Fine.

She sent the text back, not wanting to share her day with Niall, knowing what Lucas was able to do. Bree was sure about the fact that her boyfriend wouldn’t hesitate to hurt Niall badly. Especially not when Lucas knew that Niall knew. The least thing Bree needed in her life was drama, so she decided to keep it to herself and not telling Niall anything.

When the screen lit up once again, it was Lucas calling. Bree’s  voice hitched as she answered.

“Yes?”

“I’m outside. You ready?”

Bree took a deep breath and hoped he didn’t hear it. But he did, of course.

“What was that? Are you with someone? I’m coming up.” he said coldly.

“No! Don’t. I’m alone. I’m coming down in a second, just have to take my purse. I love you.” She ended the call, grabbed her purse and walked down the stairs, as slow as she could. She started to regret the fact that she was wearing a tight, black little dress, which only reached halfway down her thighs. If even that.

When she looked in the mirror, she saw that it barely covered her bottom.

(A/N: I'm sorry for short chapters! Hope you like it anyway! xx)