Chapter One

Kenny's P.O.V.

I ran a hand through my red hair, looked around the crowded airport and sighed. I hate moving.

I've moved maybe three times in the last month.

If I could, I would just run away and really, nobody would know I was missing.

My parents are self-absorbed stuck up snobs that are agents for some musical performers that I don't even know.

I try to please my parents, but I always screw it up. For instance, once, I wanted to wash the floors to help my mom, but I ended up using bleach instead of floor cleaning spray, and before I realized it was bleach, I had turned half of the dark wood kitchen floor white.

I was grounded for months.

My mom has red hair just like me, but darker. She has brown eyes that I didn't get, however.

My dad has dark hair and blue eyes, and thankfully I got his eyes and I am in love with them.

Right now, I'm standing in the middle of the Los Angeles airport. (LAX) And my small family is preparing to board a flight to New York.

I'm an only child which makes moving every month that much harder. I have nobody to share my pain with, except for when I was little, I had this friend, Shelby, and we were inseparable. But when she moved, we were too little to keep talking, so we just separated.

I try to make friends whenever I go to a new school, but I realized how exhausting making new friends so often is, so I convinced my parents to let me switch to online school.

"Flight 36 to JFK airport, please head to gate 4, your plane will be leaving in approximately fifteen minutes. Thank you." I heard a cracking voice say over a loudspeaker.

I looked over at my parents. They didn't move. My mom was typing away at her phone and my dad was talking noisily into an earpiece.

"Mom?" I asked lightly.

She didn't respond.

"Mom," I said, nudging her.

"Yes, dear?" She said, finally realizing I was talking to her.

"Aren't we flight 36 to JFK?" I asked, looking around again.

She went back to focusing on her phone, it was obviously more important to her than her daughter.

"Mom," I said, dragging out the 'o' in the word.

"What is it, dear?" My asked, a slightly annoyed tone in her voice.

"Were flight 36 to JFK right?"

"What dear?" She asked, clearly not list inning to me. 

"What flight are we?" I asked, very annoyed by now.

"Flight 36 to JFK, which reminds me, we've got to get going." She said as she stood.

"Mom!" I said, aggravated.

She looked at me strangley, "what?"

"I've been trying to tell you for the last five minutes that we have to go and all you're doing is typing on your stupid phone! You guys think you're work is mor wimp organs than me!" I was yelling by now. "Do you guys even think about telling me that were moving, no it's just, 'Kenny, darnling, go get packed we're eased somewhere again, we love you so much!' Well it's all fake, I know it! You don't even care about me anymore!" By now my dad was listening to my little outburst.

"Young lady," he started, "You have no right to speak to your mother like that!"

My motet looked at me, taken back, I never had outbursts like this at home. But she only responded, "I did not raise a nuisance!" Se said, shaking her head as her and my father started walking towards gate 4.