The Zone (2)

The inside of the house was even more beautiful than I could've imagined. Spiraling staircases on white marble floors, and glass chandeliers reflecting the neon lights shining throughout the room. Hayley tugged on my arm, weaving us through the crowds of people onto the dance floor. The chorus to an R&B song blared and I could feel my nerves lessen. There's something about about music- the lyrics, the mood, the melody- that fill me up. It's like getting high without drugs, addicted to the rhythm, in the zone. Getting lost in the music, I swayed my hips to the beat. Looking around my eyes latched onto a pair of dark brown eyes watching me move. Intrigued I stepped closer, but was too soon pulled away to a makeshift bar outside. Hayley smiled at the bartender "Hey there, two shots of Henny, one for me and one for my gorgeous friend over there who, by the way, is very single and definitely ready to mingle." I glared daggers into my friends back. As much as I lover her, the girl has no filter.The bartender laughed, running a hand through his hair. "I'll be right back with you and your gorgeous, single friend's drinks." As soon as he left I turned to Hayley "Really Hays, trying to set me up already. I can find a guy on my own you know" Hayley looked guiltily down at her shoes. "Okay, okay I understand. Time to spread your wings and fly off to find a cute guy on your own, I get it. I'll go dance for a while, but by the time I come back I expect to see you chatting it up with a hottie alright?" She looks at me expectantly. Laughing, I agree, just in time for our shots to be placed in front of us. Hayley grabs hers "To a night full of fun" she says. "Cheers" I respond raising my shot. She downs hers and starts walking towards the dance floor. I smile and toss my shot back, but instead of drinking it, I decide to let it splash onto a nearby bush. New city, same habits I guess. I hear a low chuckle from next to me at the bar "You know I think you're supposed to drink that... to feel the full effect. Just a tip." My eyes dart up and clash with the same brown eyes I'd seen before.

_______________________
Hey guys :) so any ideas on plot, writing style, or any other vibes this story is giving ya please leave me a comment. And THANK YOU for reading my first ever story

XO