Chapter 1

Jennifer's P.O.V.

  My light turquoise blue dress blew with the wind  as I retreated out of the limo and inside the party venue. My hair was up in a nice bun with one strand of hair loose. My dress had a silver ribbon around the waist and spaghetti straps.

  Now inside venue  and in my seat I saw Clodagh and her new husband Paul (I think that was his name) laughing and kissing. I had known Clodagh for a while and they were perfect for each other, truly in love. I was here because she had asked me to perform at the wedding. Simon later asked me the same question because it turned out Paul was a security guard for one of the other artist he sponsors.I didn't ask him who because I was so excited. Maybe I'll meet them here, who knows?

   In the middle of my thoughts I hear Clodagh's voice through the loud speaker, "And now here preforming for the wedding, the amazing artist and my good friend, Jennifer Gonzales!"  I quickly run up on stage and start with my song I've been preforming for the wedding, Halo. During the performance I feel that tingling feeling I get ever since I auditioned for The Spotlight (the imaginary singing competition she went on).

FLASHBACK~

I'm just 14 why am I here!? "Dad, lets go. No one ever really makes it anyway." "No sweetie. Your up next. Don't worry you'll be fantastic!"my dad retorted as he kissed my head. "NEXT!" screamed the guy with the white board in his hands. My family kissed me and wish me good luck as I ran up the stairs and onto the stage.

"Your name?" asked Simon Cowell, one of the three judges. "Um, hi. I'm Jennifer, Jennifer Gonzales." I stammered. "Well, go on." Simon waved impatiently, and a little annoyed. As I began singing 'Non One' my voice boomed through the room. As I came to an end the crowd stood up and cheered. I saw Simon smile as he said, "Dear, that was wonderful. You better remember this day, because now your life is changed forever."

   As the song came to an end the crowd cheered. I got off the stage and was immediately hugged by Clodagh. " You were great!" "No you were great. You and Paul are perfect for each other!"

    "Well, are you going to get a man and rush to the alter?" she pushed while nudging me with her shoulder. I just rolled my eyes. Why does everyone, wherever I go or whatever I say, ask if I want or already have a man? "No! Besides, every guy I meet is either a jerk or ugly." "Well, what about them?," she asked while pointing to a group of five boys around my age, "Paul works with them. He says they are nice guys." I stared at the group. They were pretty cute. One blond, two had curly hair yet one looked better *can't explain it, just does*, one had his hair sort of up, the other had it to the side and sort of messy. He had a really nice smile, yet the one with the better curly hair had dimples which is, in my opinion, the best thing for a guy to have. "So, you've been staring for a while. Which one do you like?" she said causing me to blush a little. "The one with curly hair and dimples is pretty cute, and so is the one with messy/windswept hair." "So, go talk to them!" she pushed me. "Okay, okay. Only because its your wedding and I want you to be happy." I replied while walking up to the guys. Here goes nothing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~So how did you guys like it. Please comment your opinion and ideas. It would really help, oh and tell me if I misspelled or used the wrong words or word tense. Hope you liked it and continue reading! :)

                                                                                                                   ~Love, Jenny~