Chapter 5: Story Time

Darren and Chris were watching Sydney play with her toys.  It was about 7 o'clock at night.  Just about time to put Sydney to bed.  Sometimes she put up a fight, sometimes she was so tired that she fell asleep on the living room floor.

Chris looked at Darren.

"You know what?," Chris asked.

Darren looked at his husband.

"Hm?"

"How about tonight, instead of singing a song to put Sydney to sleep, we read her a story?," Chris suggested.

Darren nodded.

"Sure."

They looked down and Sydney was starting to doze off.  Chris walked over and picked her up.

"Come on sweetie.  Do you want Daddy and Papa to read you a bedtime story?"

Sydney nodded and laid her head against Chris' chest.

Chris nodded and carried Sydney to her bedroom.  He got her pajamas on her and sat down in the rocking chair with his daughter on his lap.  Darren came in and they both read Cinderella, Sydney's favorite.

By the end of the story, Sydney was fast asleep against Chris' chest.  He gently laid her down on her bed and covered her up.  Darren and Chris both kissed her head and slipped out of the room quietly.

They just couldn't believe how blessed they were.  To have each other and Sydney.  They wouldn't have it any other way.
________________________

~SaraLiz36~