Arabella

A/N:

In honor of it being Alex's birthday, I figured I would do just a simple fluff chapter. I don't expect it to be super long though. The next chapter will resume with the story line.

~

November, 2015

Light fills the room, coaxing her from deep sleep to wakefulness. She beings to stretch out and open her eyes, but is stopped when she notices there's an arm wrapped around her waist. Turning her head to her side, she's met with a very cute sleeping Alex.

Wow, what a view.

She's surprised he's still asleep. He's facing her, and she is presented with an unexpected opportunity to study him. Messy hair, lips slightly parted, he looked younger in Arabella's opinion. Peaceful, almost. A small grin took place on his lips. What was he dreaming about? Alex's arm around her waist slowly pulls her in closer to him. Arabella smiles at the unconscious action of her sleeping boyfriend.

Was he her boyfriend? She liked to think so.

Bringing her index finger up to his face, Arabella gently traces the outline of his face slowly. With the edge of his forehead, by his cheekbones, down to his jawline. She continues to do so until slowly his eyes flutter open. As soon as he sees what's in front of him, he sleepily smiles.

"Good morning, sleepyhead." She giggles.

"What time is it?" He asks, groggily. She grabs her phone off of the coffee table and turns it on.

"Around 7." She answers.

"Let's go to breakfast."

"Wait, what? Alex I have work today."

"What time do you have to go in?" He furrows his eyebrows together.

"Around 10." She says.

"That's plenty of time to eat breakfast! Come on love, go home and get ready. I'll come and get you."

~

She got ready fairly quickly, throwing her hair into a messy bun after her even quicker shower. Pulling a soft maroon sweater over her head, she hears the front door open downstairs.

"Bella?" He calls out.

"I'll be down in a second!" She yells back downstairs. Throwing on some shoes and grabbing her purse, she heads downstairs.

"You look nice." He says immediately upon seeing her.

"I could be saying the same about you." Her eyes quickly scan up and down. He laughs before opening the door for her.

"Come on love, wouldn't want to be late."

~

"So you mean to tell me you've never been here before?" Alex asks, opening the car door for her in the parking lot of the small diner they were in.

"Nope, never."

"You haven't lived then."

"Really now?" She glances over at him as they walk inside. They seat themselves at a small booth in the corner of the diner, near the window. No less than two minutes later does a server come around to take their drink orders.

"I'll just have a coffee, thank you." Bella says, looking back at the menu.

"Water for me, thanks."

"Okay, I'll have that right up for you sir." She says with a smile too big for her face and a wink. Alex looks back at his menu, not thinking anything of it. Arabella on the other hand, saw the whole thing.