Do I Wanna Know?

October, 2015

Around 5 o'clock, Arabella stood in her closet with only a bra on and wet hair draping over her shoulder, contemplating what to wear for her small date tonight.

I can't be too dressy, but I can't be too casual.

Alas, she finally had decided on a cream colored sweater with skinny jeans and her maroon colored converse. After drying her long brown hair, she applied a minimal amount of eyeliner and mascara. Finally becoming pleased with her appearance for the night, the door bell rang. She glanced at the clock on the wall.

6:02 pm.

Wow, punctual.

Walking downstairs, she smooths out her sweater with one hand as she opens the door is met with a glowing Al. His brown eyes look different tonight. For some reason, they seemed to be deeper than she normally saw them. The sun setting behind him cast shadows on the side of his face, emphasizing the strong jawline and sharp cheekbones. His eyes though, she couldn't get over them. She had never seen brown eyes in the sun before. She began to notice that 'brown' could no longer describe them. They melt into golden rays, circling an eclipse. They had turned into a sunset of their own.

"Love?" He speaks up, snapping her out of her trance.

"Yes, sorry." She stumbles over her words as they leave her lips. Al lets out a laugh, as if he knows exactly what she's thinking. Honestly, the thought of him knowing terrified Arabella.

"Anyways, are you ready?" He asks, smirking as he places the cigarette back between his teeth.

"Er, yes, just let me grab my purse." She swiftly walks over to the couch and swings the purse strap over her shoulder and closing the door behind her on the way out.

They walk towards his car, and Arabella reaches for the door handle is it's unexpectedly opened for her.

"Thank you." She says quietly as she slips inside his car, and he closes the door for her.

Once he's in the car, he turns the key and the engine roars to life.

"So where are we going?" She asks eagerly, turning to look at him.

"Somewhere you've never been before," He takes his eyes off of the road for a moment, glancing over at her, "You look lovely today." Blushing at the last comment, she puts it aside for later.

"Well if it's anywhere within twenty minutes of my house, I doubt it's a new place." Chuckling at her comment, he just shakes his head.

The car ride was approximately 32 minutes long and consisted of funny stories, loud laughter, and the quiet radio running in the background to fill any silent gaps, even though there were barely any.

Al pulls into the parking lot of a very small coffee shop on the corner of main street.

"Coffee?" Arabella asks, shutting the car door.

"Really good coffee, to be exact." That same smirk that melts Arabella every time played across his lips again, making her heart flutter.

"I stand corrected." She says walking up to the door, where he had proceeded to open the door for her once more.

"Who says chivalry is dead?" She says on her way in. His response came fairly quickly and was more blunt than she had expected.

"Douche bags, ass holes, ya know," He winks at her before continuing, "Take a seat, I'll order." Al says as he walks up to the cashier.

Arabella picks a small two-person table right up against the large window in the front of the cafe. The window took up the whole wall, giving her a beautiful view of outside. People on their bikes, the glow of the stop lights and the moonlight shining down on the pavement made it a very beautiful sight to see. She had always had a knack for capturing beautiful moments that most people seem to miss. She digs through her purse and pulls out her phone, opening up the camera.