Mad Sounds

A/N: I just wanted to quickly apologize for taking so long to update, I kind of lost the motivation to write for a little while. Life got in the way and I abandoned my projects, but I'm back! The story might get slow at times but I promise you that there's big things in store!

~

November 2015

Arabella looked out the window of the car, passing trees at high speeds and getting glimpses of the beautiful, crisp, and vibrant autumn leaves. The radio was on but playing softly, she had been lightly humming along to her favorite songs. Alex had been talking to her the whole car ride, trying to get her to calm down.

"The guys are going to love you, I already know it!" Alex says, keeping his eyes on the road. One hand was on the wheel, the other was on Arabella's thigh. Leaning into the dashboard, she replies,

"Are you just saying that so I won't be nervous anymore, or do you mean that?"

"Little bit of both." He smiles as she buries her face into her hands.

"Love, I'm joking. I'm sure of it, they'll just adore you. I know I do." She mumbles to herself, head still in her hands, "Kiss ass." Alex chuckles to himself as he pulls into Matt's driveway. He runs around quickly to the other side of the car to open Arabella's door for her.

"Thank you." She mutters softly.

"Love, you're okay." He says as he puts his hands on her cheeks and pecking her lips softly in between each word. He leaves briefly to open up the trunk to fetch his guitar case. Arabella shuts the trunk for him and they walk up towards the garage. Alex bangs on the garage three times before it starts to raise. Ducking underneath as it raises, they hear greeting shouts from the others.

"Alex! How ya been?!" Matt exclaims, pulling him into a hug and patting him on the back.

"I've been great, and I've brought a special someone today, hope you boys don't mind." Jamie quickly stands up from the lawn chair he was seated in.

"Oh no, we don't mind at all." Jamie extends his hand out to Arabella, winking.

"Hi, I'm Jamie." He says with a sly smile on his face.

"Aye mate, what'd you think you're doing?" Alex steps closer to her. His smile says playful, and yet his eyes said protective. Arabella laughs and glances to Alex with that innocent look she's seemed to master around him. He speaks up,

"Boys, this is Arabella, my girlfriend," He directs his attention towards her, "Bell, this is Matt, Jamie, Nick, Andy, and Glyn." She quickly sticks her hand out to everybody.

"You can just call me Bell."

Andy speaks up, "Damn Alex, she's out of your league!" Everyone in the garage bursts out into laughter and just when you think Alex is going to be offended or come back with a witty response, he does the exact opposite to Arabella's surprise.

"Oh trust me, I know." Now it was Arabella's turn to smile.

~

"From the top, one more time?" Matt asks. 2 hours had passed, the boys broke out all of the equipment and began running through songs. Arabella sat in Jamie's lawn chair with a drink in one hand, just observing them. She was amazed, she had honestly loved their music. Other than the time in the living room, she had never heard Alex passionately sing and she fell in love with his voice.

"So you just take the poems you write and add music?" She asked Alex.

"Precisely, the public is the first one to hear them and they have no clue." He took a sip of his water before continuing.