Chapter 12

JAMES' POV
As soon as I saw the bruises on my little sisters stomach I just couldn't hold it in, I wanted to scream and shout and punch whoever did it to her in the head a million times.

"WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?!" Is what I scream, none of them spoke, I let go of her shirt and walked up to Calum.

"What happened Calum? You've GOT to tell me who did this to her. If you know PLEASE tell me Calum, she's my little sister, I'm meant to be taking care of her and I'm not going to let whoever did this to her be free without getting the same beating! I-" Calum cut me off with his next words.

"I did give them the same beating James, I put him in hospital! I could've killed him saving your sister bro! But I didn't!" Calum said, his voice going up and down as he talks.

"Wait, wait, wait. Ashton called me a little while ago saying that Luke using hospital, and you said you kicked Lukes ass, then when I asked about that, you stuttered and Jade saved your ass. Luke did this to her did this to her didn't he?!" I was beyond pissed. Luke beat up Jade after I beat him up, that little shit is gonna pay.

"Jade, Calum, we're going to the hospital." I say walking out the front door while grabbing my keys off the hook. Jade and Calum follow me out the door like lost puppies.

The car ride is silent but I'm really not in the mood for talking. I have no idea what I'm gonna do once I get there, it depends on how badly Calum beat him, then I'll know what I need to add.

"Soooo why are we going to the hospital? I think I've had enough of Luke's time." Jade says, sounding a bit nervous, I glance at her in the passenger seat and see her bouncing her leg up and down while chewing on her nails, a habit she has when she's nervous. I grab her hand and give her a comforting smile before looking back to the road.

We arrive at the hospital and Calum is the first one to jump out, I look at Jade and see her staring at the doors to the hospital like it holds a monster inside the doors, well Luke kinda is a monster to her....

"Jade, I know that you're scared right now but we have to go inside and face him, I promise I'm not going to let him hurt you again, never ever." I say softly while pulling her into a hug.

"You're the best brother I could ask for James, i don't know what I did to deserve you but I'm really thankful for you" she say pulling out of the hug and smiling at me, I smile back then take off my seat belt and get out of the car. We quickly make our way to Luke's room and when we get in there he's asleep, Calum did beat him very badly but I still need to talk to him, I walked up to the side of the bed and flicked on one of the bruises on his forehead.

"Ow! Shit! What the hell?! Oh... Uh hi James funny seeing you here." He says trying to crack a smile then flinching, Calum probably broke something on his face, I smirk at the idea of it.

"Why'd you do it? Why the fuck did you hit my sister?! She never did anything to you, she was always kind and never said anything to hurt you! So tell me Luke, why did you feel the need to give my sister these bruises?!" I scream lifting up Jades shift just enough for him to see the beginning of the bruises, he flinches for a second then looks at Jade with his eyes going so dark they look completely black!

"SEE! I TOLD YOU! I TOLD YOU IT WAS ALL YOUR FAULT! YOU'RE TEARING US ALL APART YOU LITTLE BITCH! DO EVER THINK ABOUT HOW YOUR RUINING EVERYONE ELSES LIFE?! NO YOU JUST ACT INNOCENT AND LIKE A LITTLE ATTENTION SEEKER! 'OH MY ONLY FRIEND DIED BOO HOO! GIVE ME ATTENTION COZ MY FRIEND DIED!' YOUR DUMB LITTLE ATTENTION SEEKER WAYS DONT WORK ON ME LITTLE MISS INNOCENT!" Luke yells at the top of his lungs at Jade, her eyes fill with tears and she runs out of the room.

My eyes turns back to Luke and there is so much anger fuming through my body right now, I watch as Calum storms up to the bed and punches Luke right in the face then runs out to find Jade, I walk up to Luke and look down at him with disgust, I look him right in the eyes and punch him in the gut.

"Jade didn't ruin anything, you ruined it all." I say softly before turning on him and walking out to find Jade. I found her a couple of minutes later in a corner with Calum hugging her and whispering in her ear while rubbing her arm in a comforting way. She looks up and sees me then she runs into my arms and I start to feel wet stains on my shoulder, I rub her back and whisper encouraging words in her ear, denying everything Luke said a couple of minutes before.

"You promised that he'd never hurt me again, but it's alright, Calum told me he punched him in the face after I left and I know you probably hurt him as well, so I'm fine." She looks up at me and I can see that she is doing fine, apart from the couple of years still running down her face. I wipe them away then give her the keys to go sit in the car while me and Calum talk a bit.

CALUM'S POV
when James tells Jade that he wanted to talk to me I was kinda scared as to what he would say, but I was definitely not expecting what came out of his mouth.

"I know you like Jade and I'm alright with that. If I had to trust Jade with anyone it'd definitely be you, you already treat her like she's yours to take care of and I'm happy that you're the one that fell for her and you should definitely ask her out." After those words come out of his mouth I just stare at him with my mouth wide open for a minute before closing it and clearing my throat to speak.

"Well I have been thinking about asking her out but I'm scared she's gonna say no, I mean there are millions of other guys that are better than me that would want to date her" I say looking at the ground.

"Ok let's get something straight, there may be guys better than you in other people's eyes but not in her eyes, trust me she likes you." He says glancing at me from the side of his eye before looking straight ahead.

"Oh yeah? How would you know if she likes me or not?" I ask him, a bit curious and excited at the possibility of her liking me.

"She loves Asians" he winks and I was about to tackle him.

"I'm kidding! She looks at you in this way that I haven't seen her look at anyone since she went out with this Jordan guy about 4 years ago. Trust me she likes you a lot." He says patting my shoulder.

"Thanks man" I reply before bumping into a nurse making her drop all her notes from the clipboard she was carrying.

"Argh! Today is not my day!" She grunts bending down to pick up all the papers, James and I help her, once we hand back her papers she thanks us.

"Thank you so much! I'm new at this job and I had a real simple job but I blew it! My job was to watch over our new patient who was found in an ally way but now he has 2 more wounds and they happened here at the hospital! Why am I failing at my job?!" She rambles on. Then she notices me and James still standing in front of her and she straightens herself up.

"Hi I'm Cheyann but a lot of people just call me Chey, do you mind just forgetting everything I just said before? I'm not meant to give information on clients but I'm just having a terrible day!" She explains.

"No, it's fine, and I think the patient your talking about is someone we know, Luke Hemmings, right? Well anyway Chey I have a feeling that we're going to become great friends so I'll see ya' around." James replies before we walk out of the hospital.
-----------------------------------------------------
Hey guys!  I am so sorry, it's been SO long since I updated but hey, new character? What do we all think about Chey so far, is she going to be in it more or not? AND CALUM SPOKE TO JAMES ABOUT ASKING JADE OUT! What?! Yes a lot is happening right now which makes the book even more exciting hopefully.

I'm also going to be doing this thing where whoever put any book in their reading list will get a chapter dedicated to them, if you've ALREADY done so then pm me and you'll be one of the first to have a chapter dedicated to you!

Hope u liked it!
-happyspaz 😃