Chapter 7

Irritational 7 – Inferior? You Think That I’m Inferior?

Raymond ran to the Sick House casually, as he was in no particular hurry. Then, he smirked as he remembered Rhys’ irked expression when he saw that girl pass out. Just what was that girl to Rhys? “HURRY UP!” a voice yelled suddenly, surprising him.

He turned around to see Rhys carrying Claire, a pissed off expression on his face. “WHAT?! YOU HURRY UP; MY GRANDMA COULD RUN FASTER THAN YOU!” Raymond yelled back, trailing off. Then, he grinned, “Who knew that the Ice King had feelings for an inferior woman?”

Rhys almost dropped Claire, but he tried to stop himself, “She’s my sister’s friend. I don’t have feelings. Feelings are for girls.” Raymond cocked his head to the side, “Dude, sexist much? I know you like her, but seriously.”

Rhys stopped in his tracks. “Me? Like her? She’s annoying as heck!” Raymond held up his hands in defeat, “Alright, alright; you don’t like her. Big deal. Anyway, I’ll run faster now, gawd.” Rhys stared at him sceptically as he jogged down the gravel path.

Why was he so eager to get that woman to the Sick House? He thought, walking again when Rhys was out of his line of sight. As he ran down the path, he saw a flash of the trademark coat with the dragon on the back. Drays. “That girl should be on her way now,” an extremely familiar voice said, in a tone which Raymond felt like puking at. “Akito, what’re you doing here? I thought you left?!” Raymond asked, staring at the person who was freakishly similar to Claire.

Akito’s eyes stared back at him, a bored expression on his face. He whipped his fringe to the side, “I did leave. I just wanted to see the girl who was identical to me.” He said simply, shrugging. Raymond gulped, “Did Clyde tell you?” Akito looked back at him innocently, “Did Clyde tell me what?”

Raymond growled, “Clyde told you about Claire, didn’t he?!” He pushed Akito against the wall, gripping his shirt tightly. Akito opened his mouth to retort, but closed it warily. He then said, “He did, actually.”

Raymond’s eyes turned furious, and he kneed Akito in the stomach, dropping him as he groaned in pain. “Don’t get involved with Claire, or you’ll regret it, trust me.” Raymond warned, turning around to walk away. He’d thought that Akito would stop bothering him, but then Akito scoffed, and started laughing, “I won’t regret it, trust me. And I want to get involved; she’s gonna be the new person who’ll replace me.”

Replace me. She’s gonna be the new person who’ll replace me. New. Replace. The Drays, Raymond thought frantically.

“Yes, Raymond, she’s gonna be replacing me!” he laughed sadistically, “The almighty Akito is being replaced by a measly woman who’s been here for a week!” His laughing died down, and his expression turned serious. “Goodbye, Raymond.” Akito smiled, taking out two poison dipped pins and stabbing Raymond in the arm.

Akito looked down at him in disgust. “Such an ugly creature…” He spit out, laughing and chucking the pins behind him.

Claire was awoken by a gentle shaking on her shoulder. “Claire… Wake up… The zombies are coming…” Rhys whispered in her ear, making Claire yelp and jump up. “OH MY COD, WE NEED TO GO, NOW—Oh, Rhys?”

Rhys smiled slightly at her reaction, “You finally woke up after your rampage?” Claire actually had no idea what he was talking about, until she remembered that phase when she finally snapped and dropped the lamp on that boy from the Drays. “Remember now?” Rhys asked, and she groaned. “Oh, shizz…”