Chapter 8

Irritational 8 - I Hope You Don't Have Facebook

Just when Claire thought the next day would be better, she was assaulted by two girls that morning. 

Of course, she had no idea why. Nor did she have any idea who they were. Either way, she was determined to find the root of the problem and snip it off at the bud. As cheesy as that sounded. 

Claire stood up, confused and bruised, and made her way through the corridor. She had to find Eve. She would know, right? Claire still had a pretty vivid description of the two girls. 

She contemplated this in her head. One had long, brown hair, and jade eyes. The other had blue eyes with almost-white hair, and a small beauty spot on her neck. Claire had noticed it when the girl peered at Claire when she was on the floor, allowing a peek at the girl's jaw. Not that Claire cared. 

In fact, she didn't even care about the sudden attack. She just needed to find out why it happened. 

Claire huffed and raised an eyebrow at the huge clamor near the school notice board. As she got closer to the commotion, people gradually stopped talking and it reduced to silent whispers. Where was Eve? 

Claire felt her arm being tugged, and she turned around to face the person she'd been looking for. "Oh, Eve! There you are-" 

"No, you can talk later," Eve said icily, glaring at everyone in their path. "I'll explain when we're somewhere... Somewhat safe." 

Claire sighed, "Whatever. I'm in a state where I just don't care anymore." Eve smiled faintly, and sat her down on a bench near the back of the school hall. 

"Phoebe thinks you're dating Akito," Eve said, checking Claire's expression. She was utterly shocked. As in, so completely shocked she felt like crawling into a hole. 

"She typed up a flyer during Core, and as you know, people believed her." 

Claire set her mouth agape. "But why was I beaten up? They should've at least sent me a warning..." 

"Akito has a lot of fangirls. The worst part is that most of them are hardcore fans. One of the students even had a large sticker of him stuck to her car, but she was ordered to take it off." Eve explained bitterly, grimacing at the memory. 

"I wonder why I find that so hard to believe," Claire muttered, resting her chin on her hand. "I mean, he's arrogant, violent-" 

"Who's violent and arrogant?" a voice drawled, and a figure jumped down from the tree above the pair. "Shouldn't you be saying that about yourself?" 

Claire's posture shifted to face Akito. "Akito. Pleased to see your grotesque face again. Just what I wanted to see this wonderful morning." She retorted, standing up. 

"You and I already have the same face, so you just insulted yourself," Akito stated, arching an eyebrow. Claire scowled, "Whatever. Let's go, Eve." She tugged at Eve's arm, but Eve sat still, planted to the ground. 

Eve glared at Akito steadily. "Are you considering the offer with the Drays?" she asked, her voice stone-cold. He shrugged. "Depends. 'Course, me being the gentleman I am-" 

"Oh, 'gentleman'. I'm sure," Eve said dryly. Akito gave her a lengthy frown. "will ask my twin-" 

"Don't call me your 'twin'. We're completely different." Claire growled, crossing her legs. Akito took in a sharp breath, "Look, can you stop it with the interrupting?" he snapped, leaning on the tree. 

"And can you stop it? I'm not going to join your little group. It's what you want, not what I want. You're being selfish here, Akito," Claire said, striding up to him.