1 • Runway

CHAPTER ONE: RUNWAY
__________________

"The first time I saw you, my heart fell. The second time I saw you, my heart fell. The third time fourth time fifth time and every time since, my heart has fallen."
- James Frey

_______________

"You should totally wear that dress Mia." Klaus gushed in a girly voice after I stepped out in a tight black dress that was an off the shoulders cut. It hugged my body comfortably as I moved and it wasn't too short so it gave off a classy and elegant look.

"Ooh! Ooh! Yes, I agree because that dress is so perfecto like seriously gurl!" Blake chimed in, hitting Klaus in excitement.

I stared at them with a flat look as they both squealed and gushed like ten year old girls.

"You two are hopeless, sometimes I think I'm the only sane one in this family." I muttered as I examined myself in the dressing room mirror.

"Okay that's a lie because everyone knows that I'm the real deal smart wise here." Klaus said, his girly voice gone then and his voice was filled with pure confidence as he tilted his chin up.

Blake looked quite offended as he gaped at his brother. "Yeah okay just downgrade the lawyer."

Klaus and I looked at him in confusion. "You're not even a lawyer moron." Klaus said as he looked at him weirdly. Blake huffed before looking down at the ground.

"I know I just wanted to try and defend myself." He grumbled as he kicked at the ground.

As I stifled a laugh I snapped my fingers which earned me their attention. "Okay guys grand formal occasion remember? Dad will have our heads if I don't choose a nice dress. So yes or no?" I said before I twirled around and raise my hands up in the air.

"Yes, it's a yes from me." Blake grinned as Klaus nodded in agreement. I breathed out a breath of relief before I turned around and stepped into the dressing stall and changed.

When I was in my original clothes I opened the door and walked out to see my brothers in the same spot as they were before, both on their phones taking calls.

This was normal for us, since Klaus and Blake both took up dad's business. With Klaus taking dad's old position and Blake becoming the co-owner of the company which makes him equally as important.

Dad owned a company of company brokers called Fume and had recently retired. The formal gathering was the celebration of his one year retirement.

Why were we celebrating it? I don't know just because we could. We had the money for it.

"Yes well done Steve, Thanks for your call." Klaus hung up on his call and grinned at me. "Another company sold!" He did a little fist pump in the air before doing a little dance which made me laugh.

Blake hung up his phone looking sort of depressed and embarrassed. "What's wrong with you?" I asked him.

He looked up at me with a pout. "Mum called, she said I have to wear a suit not a tuxedo."

Klaus and I closed our mouths trying not to laugh. "But you look like Uncle Gilbert when you wear a suit!" Klaus exclaimed before grinning shamelessly. Blake groaned before he stalked out of the shop as we laughed hysterically.