4. Halloween

CHAPTER FOUR: HALLOWEEN

____________________________

"Every day is Halloween isn't it? For some of us..."
- Tim Burton.

_____________________

Amelia.

Other than my parents when they're cross with me, I never hear anyone call me by my full name. Which brings back a flooding of memories as Harry used it to address me when we were younger.

"Harry."

I look into the eyes of the man I had my heart pining for. He's grown to become such a handsome specimen, something that I always knew would happen. He's always been beautiful. It doesn't take me long to notice the blonde woman from earlier who's latched onto his left arm like a leech to the skin. I overlook her appearance and turn my attention back to Harry.

"It's been a while indeed." Is all I can think of in response as I look at Will who seems a bit confused by the tension in the air.

Harry nudges the woman forward whilst speaking up again, "My apologies. This is Elisha, my fiancé."

My eyes widen as the colour in my face whitens with shock. I try my hardest not to well up in tears as Elisha holds her hand out for me to take. Which I do, softly before loosely shaking her hand.

"I didn't know you were engaged." The words spilled out my mouth like vomit. And I mentally slap myself for my stupidity.

"...Yeah uh..." Harry awkwardly scratches his head, unsure of what to say as Elisha shoots me a bitter look at my snarky comment. "Well, we got engaged in January so it hasn't been long."

I nod my head in an attempt to hide the shakiness of my body. "I'm sorry I just...My brothers never mentioned-"

"They don't know." Harry buts in before I can finish my sentence and bites his lip. "I haven't told them yet."

"Oh." I say and look over at Will again who tries to communicate with me with his eyes as in to say, "what the hell is happening?"

Harry stares at me for a moment and the look in his eyes makes my heart melt. His eyes gaze upon me softly as he tries to drink in every little feature of mine.

"Well," I begin which snaps him out of his trance. "It was so good catching up. Congratulations and everything but we gotta bounce." I say looking over at Will who simply nods. Without thinking, I grab Will's hand and turn to look at Harry again.

A look of anger and confusion flashes across his face for a second and then disappears in a hopeless attempt to hide it from me. "It was nice seeing you again Amelia."

Struggling to scamper away as discretely as possible, I yell out behind my shoulder. "Yes! You too!"

I don't give myself another opportunity to look at him again as I push Will as far away from them as possible. It is only until we reach our cars is when I stop pushing him. He turns around and throws his hands up in the air dramatically.

"Mind explaining what that dude and you got going on because I could cut that tension with a knife!" He yells in confusion. I sigh deeply as I scratch my head, trying to bundle all my thoughts together and mentally collect myself from the moment that occurred minutes before.